Not enjoying game at all. what am i doing wrong?

note i do have the EASY game selected…

Ive been playing for 2 weeks now and iam experiencing more frustration than having fun. actually im not having fun at all and starting to hate the gameplay. Level curves are insane. Im having pokemon that are 2-5 levels higher than opponents getting 2HKO’d by moves that “arent very effective”…like my level 40 Riolu being 2HKO’d by a level 36 Primape with night slash… and whats this BS in helios city?? i have to go through the sewers and then fight someone with OP legendary dragon pokemon that 1HKO’s everyone on my team?

i feel like my starter choice (delta charmander) has put me at a huge disadvantage. Its weak to EVERYTHING. Theres no other good choices in terms of fairy and grass types so far. For some reason any time i tried catching Luxray, the game would act like i ran after my first move, so now i have no decent electric types. im screwed in terms of enemy teams with dragon, ice, water, fairy, flying and fighting.

i wish so much i could rechoose my starter. id pick ANYTHING but the stupid Charmander. id restart now but seeing how much of a headache this game has been for me thus far, it doesnt seem worth it.

OMG!!! seriously this game is so awful!! just had a level 41 Magenton 2HKO my level 45 Riolu with flash cannon! then it 1HKO’d my lv 42 flygon with flash cannon as well! how is THIS the EASY GAME???

What game mode are you playing it on?

It’s impossible for your gripes to be recreated in the calculators(your 2HKO on Riolu from a Flash Cannon, and your OHKO on a Flygon from a Flash Cannon) at the levels you’ve provided. Riolu cannot get ohko’d off a Primeape Night Slash either(Especially one 4 levels underneath it). For example: Night Slash is 1/2 damage on Riolu, at level 40, he is rocking a clean 134 hp stat(No HP EV investments made in calc), which would mean your night slash would have had to do 268 damage(After calculating defenses before typing) at lvl 36, to give you an idea of how embellishing truths works here.

https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

If I’m missing something, please try to recreate what happened to you so I can understand.

You don’t need to keep using Delta Charmander, there’s other options available to you at that point in the game. There’s a Fairy type Dwebble you can get in a trade on Route 1 for a Totodile you get on Route 2(10% chance in the grass), a Delta Ralts(Electric/Ice) that is actually an extremely solid mon on Route 4. As well as a ton of mons throughout that point in the game that are available to you. If you feel you must restart, and you want a easier time, I’d recommend Delta Bulbasaur, Psychic/Fairy is an insane typing, and his mega gets the special attack version of Moxie(I don’t remember the name off the top of my head).

well then if you claim im lying id be happy to try and recreate the effect but that Riolu ABSOLUTELY got 2HKO’d by a flash cannon. this sort of crap has been happening the entire time and its frustrating beyond all measure. ive had my delta Gardevoir be 2HKO’d by a water move from a pokemon only 2 levels above it. EASY mode does not work at all like a normal pokemon game

Are you sure that you didn’t got real unlucky with crits, because that happens to me ALL the time in normal mode, each boss has crit me at least 2 times per battle. If not, then it might be the abilties or it straight up is glitched.

PD: RESPECT DELTA CHARIZARD. It was the only way I defeated the champion’s mega, and I don´t remember it having so much disadvantage throughout the battles.

Riolu gets KO’d easily because it’s NFE and has low defenses.

A 2HKO from a neutral hit from a Pokemon 2 levels above isn’t that rare. Between free switches after each KO, the ability to level + easy level training, and (usually) a team size advantage the game should be fairly easy on Easy.

Riolu like said above is a NFE and has very low defense again primape nightslash however should not 2hko flash cannon on the other hand makes a bit more sense with stab and what not and riolus low spdef and def delta charizard shouldnt put you at that far of a disadvantage more than anything pokemon insurgence is simply pokemon but on a more extreme difficulty just gotta grind up levels and evs good item hold as well as have good type coverage dont need the need an electric type go for the delta ralts which is Ice/Electric which covers practically all your type coverage issues and once riolu evolves you practically have complete coverage in other words the only real issue you have is having a underevolved pokemon you cling onto helios market sells soothe bells use it to your adv and evolve riolu you also have the option of level trainer as well within secret base

Try getting people to give you some Pokemon. It helps a lot because they level really quickly.

in the town where there is the day care you can buy a secret base. you should use level training and ev training provided by the secret base and unlock the memory chamber in pokegear buying the updater in secret base, once you unlock the memory chamber you can battle gentle man dun and make unlimited money, use money to buy level and ev training services.

another thing to do is have different pokemon with different types or a magnemite with thunder wave to paralyze legendaries.

I think you just chose your team poorly? the outcome of your battles will be directly relevant to the party you’ve got, I really don’t have any trouble on normal because I try to optimize my team to have an all around type advantage and over level my team so I’m fighting level 60 pokemon when I’m level 70

Make sure to change your team up as needed and remember to evolve. Give your pokemon useful items, allow them to use setup moves, etc. Also, if you’re at the point where you have a secret base, you can level train pretty easily to stay on par with opponents if you find yourself falling behind.

…this is a bit of a necro lol.

I apologize for the Necro, sometimes I find it interesting to just browse older topics and it can be difficult to resist responding even if the issue is outdated.

A significant question that I am surprised wasn’t inquired is the fact that your Riolu is un-evolved at level 40! That’s a large part of the problem here.
You’re aware that Riolu evolves into Lucario via friendship evolution and allowing it to faint hinders that?
Using a level trainer is a good fast friendship evolution method. It took just one Level trainer battle to evolve my Sylveon though I also put it in a Luxery Ball when I hatched it. You literally can’t faint against the Level Trainer because he uses 3 Audino and only the move Healing Wish.

It’s also just the greatest source of experience. My Slyveon as an Eevee got from level 1 to 26 on the first Audino on the level 80 setting.

I’m on Normal setting and beat most of the gyms and bosses on the first go.