Nintendo?

I’m sorry if the question was made before but …

I heard that Nintendo act against Pokémon Uranium team.

is there a risk that they will do the same with Insurgence ?

I hope not. I can’t understand why Nintendo do this. Seriously, all players of Pokémon Fan Games buy pokémon official games. I will buy Pokémon Sun, I have all previously versions. I think that all players of Pokémon fan games do like me. It’s just that we have played all the pokémon games many and many times, we search another experience about Pokémons. If Nintendo don’t want that we play Pokémon Fangames, they have to do more Pokémon Games. And Pokémon Games that changes, with new concepts. Pokémon Fangames are like " tribute " to nintendo’s work with Pokémon. I don’t understand what happened with Pokémon Uranium, and I’am furious about what Nintendo did.

( Sorry for my english I tried to be most clear as I Can )

Simultaneously get and don’t get their logic on this issue.

On the one hand, Nintendo sees a professionally-made video game that A: has a huge audience for a fan developer and B: uses a copyrighted name and concept. Since it’s free, they perhaps fear that players will play these free games and not give them any more of their money.

On the other, it’s free. The devs aren’t profiting, and no one pays money to play Insurgence or Z/O or Uranium or any fangame. There’s little to no chance of players ditching their DS’s to solely play fangames, because the fanbase is nearly all people who are already huge, dedicated, long-time fans of Pokemon who have put money into the canon games and have no chance of stopping soon.

If anything, it’s free exposure and Nintendo benefits. It was because of Insurgence itself that I fell in love with Pokemon again, bought a 3DS, bought Black and Platinum and AS when before I’d only played GBA Sapphire. Not to mention all the friggin plushies…

This game actually rekindled my pokemon flame. I was kind of having a falling out due to a lack of challenge from the main games and intimidation of the online battles. But this game with it’s higher difficulty, which kind of taught me some metagame tricks, rekindled that flame. So it’d be a shame to see this shut down, even though I understand why they would.

I feel the same. I love Pokémon game, but with the last generation, i was disapointed: A generation with just a few new pokémon, not really new revolutionary concept … XY and ROSA are very good games, but i don’t know, I miss something to feel again what I feel when i put my cartridge of Pokémon Blue in my Gameboy when i was a child. And I feel this again when I play to Insurgence. More, it give me the " flame ", and the envy to buy Pokémon Sun. If I’ve never played Insurgence, I’m not sure that I will buy Pokémon Sun.

I hope that Nintendo don’t made the same mistake that they have with Uranium.

Tbh i can kinda understand Nintendo. I love fangames dont get me wrong but its their IP and if they want to C&D fangames they have every right to do so.

On the other hand i bought a 2DS + Omega Ruby + Pokemon Y after 7+ years not playing ANY pokemon game just because of Insurgence. So there is that.

Its probably due Pokemon Go generating a lot of hype for Pokemon/Nintendo and the upcoming Sun/Moon release. Uranium getting shoutouted on Reddit/Imgur/4chan and other big social media sites probably brought attention to all the popular fangames. And dont forget this horrendous written article on PC Gamer about “Amateur Devs stealing the Pokemon IP”

I feel like Nintendo is in a position where they feel they have to shut down fangames to protect their Sun/Moon release.

I just hope this all goes out well for Insurgence’s (and ofc their dev team) and all the other good fangames that are in the making.

Probably will be the last pokemon fangame made for a lot of devs because of the struggle right now.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I ask if this is because in Pokémon Uranium, there are new evolutions of real Pokémons. Maybe in Sun and Moon, there is one of this new evolutions and nintendo is disapointed that Uranium had a similar idea.

lol no. I’m pretty sure Nintendo didn’t play through Uranium. all this is probably in response to this. they also explain why Nintendo’s taking games down.

I tried to watch but I m French and my English is " basic " ^^ The only thing I understand ( I think ) is that Nintendo shut down this games because of the dev’s sites advertisement because it’s generating money. I think it’s not really good reason, if it’s the reali issue, why Nintendo shut down games juste right now ? Juste few months before Pokémon and Sun.

Nintendo gives us only explications that they want to give us, I think they’ll never tell us the real reason.

In relation with the video, could the devs change the game’s name? Would that put the game in a safer position?

In the vidéo i see that exist fangam about Zelda, i didn’t know that. I’ve got to try one of them ! ^^

as far as I understand it, Nintendo could lose it’s Pokemon trademark if they allow an unregulated market of Pokemon fangames to exist. since they can’t allow that, they’re trying to take down as much as they can. Changing the name of Insurgence probably won’t help since it’s gameplay and aesthetics could still be mistaken for a real Pokemon game. let’s just hope that Insurgence will release before anything happens and everything should be alright.

Ah oki thanks for this explination, then, I can understand Nintendo position. However, I think that fangame help the real game to continue. A pokémon game is really short to end. So untill that next version released, players are impatient, and the fan games make us wait. In a way, when Nintendo shut down fan games, they act against Nintendo’s fans. I hope that they’ll find another way.

But I ask … I heard that Pokémon Uranium was deleted by Nintendo, so, why can we download the game ? I try many sites and all work, we can download Uranium on every sites.