Nightmare fuel!

also i don’t get to do anything in my dreams i just sit and watch as my body gets mutilated and…end of dream

I didn’t have control over it.

there is no absolute way of knowing you have control over a dream during the dream

1 Like

Horrific yes, but not nightmare fuel.

For one thing, studies have found physical differences in the brains of people who do and don’t have lucid dreams. The very front part of the brain, called the prefrontal cortex – the site of high-level tasks like making decisions and recalling memories – is bigger in people who have lucid dreams. That suggests that folks who are most likely to have lucid dreams tend to be self-reflective types who chew over thoughts in their heads.

Benefits of Lucid Dreams

Lucid dreams might help your waking life with benefits like:

Less anxiety. The sense of control you feel during a lucid dream may stay with you and make you feel empowered. When you’re aware that you’re in a dream, you can shape the story and the ending. That might serve as therapy for people who have nightmares, teaching them how to control their dreams.
Better motor skills. Limited studies suggest that it may be possible to improve simple things like tapping your fingers more quickly by “practicing” during your lucid dream. The same part of your brain turns active whether you imagine the movements while awake or run through them during a lucid dream.
Improved problem-solving. Researchers found some evidence that lucid dreams can help people solve problems that deal with creativity (like a conflict with another person) more than with logic (such as a math problem).
More creativity. Some people taking part in lucid dream studies were able to come up with new ideas or insights, sometimes with the help of characters in their dreams.

Dangers of Lucid Dreams

Lucid dreaming may also cause problems, including:

Less sleep quality. Vivid dreams can wake you and make it hard to get back to sleep. And you might not sleep well if you’re too focused on lucid dreaming.
Confusion, delirium, and hallucinations. In people who have certain mental health disorders, lucid dreams may blur the line between what’s real and what’s imagined

Drugs. Studies have also focused on the effects of several drugs, such as supplements and medicinal plants, on sleep and dreams. But it’s not clear how safe they are or how well they work.
wtf u can get lucid dreams using drugs lol

1 Like

Yeah that describes me but I don’t have control in my dreams, nor am I aware that I am dreaming. Minus the time where I had a lucid dream in a dream.

Just no. I don’t do drugs. Not even Zyrtec. I once took Melatonin, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

im talking about sleeping drugs

so… what does this mean?

melatonin is good

he had a lucid dream in a lucid dream

i take perscription drugs for my adhd bipolor and other stuff

i had a lucid dream once it wasn’t very good.

Yeah. Melatonin. That’s it. Ironically, that’s when I didn’t die in a dream.

I realized I was dreaming, and woke myself up. But when I woke up I was still in a dream, but I didn’t realize it. Not even after an anthro bunny tried to kiss me.

1 Like

u have very strange dreams…

lmao, wtheck

You’re just realizing this?

1 Like