New Trainer Arrives! FireStar Granivolus

Hello there! my name is FireStar Granivolus (on forums it’ll appear as just FireStar, and Granivolus is on the trade thing). I should explain a bit about myself.

– I am a 17 1/2 year old male living in WA, USA – I have never really played PKMN fan games before Insurgence – I have not done nuzlocke or randomizer challenges before. – My favorite pokemon is Typhlosion! – I’m still only on the level range of 10-15 on the actual game, so sorry, I can’t really do major battles yet.

MAJOR ACHEIVEMENTS: – Trained a Typhlosion from Level 5 to 75 in three days, in Gale of Darkness – back in HeartGold, when I was a mere ten years old, I trained a Typhlosion from level 75 to 100 by training at Mt. Silver. sure it took me six weeks, but patience prevailed (I did beat Red, but my team was pretty bad conditiond, from level ranges of 45-100, with half of my team under level 60).

HOPEFUL FUTURE ACHIEVEMENTS: – Publish the two fanstories I’m working on, one called “Legend of Zelda: The Triumvirate” and another called “Typhlo: Fires of the Heart.” – Become a strong trainer (of course) – Get to know all of you!

If any of you got more questions about me, feel free to ask or refer to my profile on Google Plus.

1 Like

Nice to meet you, although this should be in introductions, a category under off topic. Just for future reference.

Ah, okay. thanks! I’ll be sure to do that next time (though since I already introduced myself, I can’t really do that again soon XD). though yeah. I’ve started playing Insurgence about three or four days ago, and I’ve came up with quite the team so far.

Minus moves, Nature, etcetera, they are:

Shinka the Eevee (LV 15) Pooch the Poochyena (LV 13) Gast the Gastlly (LV 14) Chu the Pikachu (LV 15) Niodoro* the Nidorino (LV 16) Nidora the Nidorina (LV 16)

sure, maybe not the best team in terms of Smogon (another thing: I really prefer favorites instead of smogon strategizing). but yeah, once I reach a decent level (say, around 50-60) I’ll probably get more involved with battles. Trading, though, I’d like to do that!

*supposed to be Nidoro, but I accidentally typed a extra o and didn’t realize until after I hit enter :laughing:

There is a Name Rater on the bottom floor of all Pokemon Centers. Use him to change your Niodoro’s name :slight_smile:

You are going to love exploring Sonata City in the game. And get a Druddigon when you get there, you’ll see why ;). Anyways, welcome to the community and don’t doubt about coming into the discord channel :slight_smile:

@Cheese555 okay, thanks!
@mg98 can’t wait to reach that! I’m in Midna mines right now, and I quite like the difficulty (according to TVtropes.org, by the third gym, you need to have a team similar to that of a late seventh gym) . I actually don’t have Discord (I may fix that soon). another funny thing is that I never managed to get a game past HeartGold, so I have almost no experience with gen 5, 6, and eventually 7 pokemon, and I got minimal experience with mega evolutions (I play Pokemon Showdown).

BTW, the above image shows my team as of 4:31 Pacific Coast Time, 9/17/16

I moved this topic to the introductions section.

Welcome to the forum! Your favorite pokeon is typhlosion, huh? Mine is Starly

Welcome to the forums!

You like typhlosion? I can definitely see why. Mine is Charizard. BTW get a drudiggon (sorry, don’t know how to spell it) before Sonata City. Trade it with a guy there and he will give you a cyndaquil holding something special. Also, you can get a cyndaquil in the route just before entering Vipik city(2nd gym).

Dang. We’re both 17, and Typhlosion is our favorite Pokemon.

we will see if typhlosion is still your favorite by the end of this :wink: also, keep in mind that important trainers (gym leaders, etc.) have the kind of coverage moves you wouldn’t see in normal games (unless you are playing on easy)

shoooooot, I forgot to reply to all of these. @SerenityFaithful thanks! Also, I don’t have complaints on anyone’s favorites, so having Starly as a favorite for you is really okay. but I do ask, out of curiosity: why is Starly your favorite? I gre fond of Typhlosions through HeartGold. @Shaymin thanks!

@TheCyclopz I’ll do what I can to get it. hopefully it’s not hard to find in the wild… (Still at Midna town, grinding) @Corion huh. noice.

@nate you’re talking about a wall of a strong freindship bond built over the course of HeartGold, Crystal, Gale of Darkness, and Emerald. good luck breaking it down XD

sorry, I have a 2 tagging people in a single post thing.

@FireStar Starly is kind of a long story. I’ll try to keep it short, but I actually have an imagined character for another series. This character has a pet dove named Piko. For one future plot, she and her pet are transported into the pokemon world and Piko is transformed into a starly. I think I just kind of took the love I have for the pet and kind of transferred it to starly :sweat_smile:

@SerenityFaithful huh. nice! I’m also working on a story set in the pokemon world, called Typhlo: Fires of the Heart. It utilizes mechanics from the PMD series mostly, but is ostly set in the region between Johto and Sinnoh.

Nice. I’m a fanfiction writer myself. My proudest story would have to mbe my most recent one, a fanfic for zootopia

huh. yeah, I haven’t debuted myself. My debut story is actually going to be Legend of Zelda: The Triumvirate, which has almost nothing related to pokemon.

sounds cool!

1 Like

how was the first gym?