New Moon Team Help

I’m trying to build a new moon team and I’ve run into a bit of a roadblock. Any help would be appreciated.

For my New Moon setter I have;

Spiritomb @ Dark Rock
Ability: Noctem
EVs: 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Knock Off
-Pursuit
-Rest
-Will-O-Wisp

I’m thinking of switching out rest for pain split and will-o-wisp for sucker punch but I’m not entirely sure if I should.

My Mega is none other than;

Delta Typhlosion @ D.Typhlosionite
Ability: Lighting Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Canon
-Energy Ball
-Volt Switch

I think this moveset is pretty solid, standard fast special sweeper with volt switch as a means of escaping whilst dealing a decent chunk of damage.

It wouldn’t be a new moon team without arguably the best delta around;

Delta Volcarona @ D.Volcarona Armor
Ability: Absolution
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Corrode
-Lunar Cannon
-Aura Sphere
-Roost

Not much to say, the armor makes it beefier, while absolution + lunar cannon destroys anything that doesn’t resist it.

This is all I can think of, as I’m kinda trash at designing teams. I would benefit from any input available.

I don’t know much either, but delta Roselia and hidden ability delta Blastoise could be good

Sucker Punch is a viable alternative, but I would switch Pursuit instead because the Ai almost never switch. I would suggest you to bring a Water Type. Of course, Keldeo would be the absolute best with Suicune being also very strong, but I would say Starmie, Greninja or Delta Lilligant (Fire/Water) could be good partner for D.Typhlosion as Fire type check that also abuse the boosted Surf.

Fighting types will appretiate the Dark types you carry to cover Psychic and Ghost type and will help you cover opposing Dark type like Bisharp. Conkeldurr, Delta Scyther, Infernape, Lucario and Blaziken are all good ones.

You must also get a ground immunity. Since you aren’t using Levitate on Delta Volcarona, you will have trouble switching around them. Gliscor, Rotom and various other Pokémon are your best bet.

2 Likes

What set would you recommend for Keldeo, which of the fighting types seems to fit in the most, and which ground resist would I benefit from above all others? I’m sorry about blasting you with questions, I’m just excited to make this team and want it to not suck horribly.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.