Need some help with my Team Build

Hi! I’ve been doing just fine on my run until now (although I’m not really a pkmn expert I must say, I’m more of a casual player), but I’m kind of stuck in Prion Site, Persephone’s fight.
I think the problem might be my team, which I’m not totally comfortable with, so I’d like to share it here so I can get some tips or strats to move forward.

Gengar lvl 81 - Impish nature, Levitate (Focus band)

• Hypnosis
  • Dream Eater
  • Shadow Ball
  • Dark Pulse

Excadrill lvl 80 - Docile nature, Sand Force (Soft sand)

• Earthquake
  • Earth Power
  • Rock Slide
  • Iron Head

Delta Snorlax lvl 80 - Naughty nature, Thick Fat (Miracle Seed)

• Giga-Drain
  • Seed Bomb
  • Body Slam
  • Earthquake

Feraligatr lvl 80, Relaxed nature, Torrent (Sea Incense)

• Ice Fang
  • Crunch
  • Surf
  • Superpower

Dragonite lvl 80, Quirky nature, Inner Focus (no item)

• Outrage
  • Thunderbolt
  • Surf
  • Dragon Tail

Mew lvl 80, Mild nature, Synchronize (no item)

• Dazzling Gleam
  • Ancient Power
  • Frost Breath
  • Psychic

Like I said, I’m far from an expert, but I don’t really like Mew and Feraligatr on my team, just got em cause they were useful just until now. I’m wanting to replace Feraligatr with another Water type (or any other if needed) , but I’m not sure which would be a better option. I like Samurott, Clawitzer, Carracosta maybe, only cause I find them cool, but I don’t know if they’re any better fight-wise. I couldn’t care less about Mew, just thought a Fairy-Psychic would be a good thing to have.

I’m sure my team is full of gaps, so any tips and/or suggestions would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

P.S: I’m playing on Normal Difficulty!

Ooof. The vast majority of mons are either going to need physical or special moves, not a combination of both. Here’s some tips on how to improve your current team:

Gengar: If you want to keep the current moves, then replace the focus band with a wide lens. I would, however, recommend replacing dream eater and hypnosis w/ sludge bomb/wave and focus blast. Go with either mega stone or life orb as the item.

Excadrill: No point in having earth power, so swap it out for swords dance or rapid spin. replace item with focus sash/air balloon

D. Snorlax: Again, it’s a physical mon, so no special moves. Replace giga drain and body slam w/ drain punch/synthesis and bulk up/belly drum. Item should unquestionably be leftovers.

Feraligatr: It can learn aqua tail from the tutor, so no need to be using surf. Also makes for a pretty good mega evolution

Dragonite: you’ll want to use its speed and physical strength since dragonite is no longer viable as a mixed attacker, so ditch thunderbolt, surf, and dragon tail. Dragon dance is one of the best moves in the game and dragonite learns it through level up. I also suggest using fire punch and extremespeed

1 Like

No wonder you have trouble. Persephone specialize in Dark and Ghost types Pokémon, you do not have any Dark and Ghost resistance so her Noctem becomes too much to handle. I would recommend you an Armored Tyranitar. Not only it is very bulky (especially on the special side) and resist both Dark and Ghost, but it also hit like a truck and remove her Noctem for Sandstorm. If you switch for a Sand Rush Excadrill, then you can benefit from that Sandstorm and be almost impossible to revenge kill.

Also, if you keep Gengar, keep in mind Dark and Ghost are very redondant coverage-wise, so Switch Dark Pulse for Focus Blast or Sludge Wave.

Because Insurgence is a very hard game, I can offer you a teambuilding session if you want. I can offer you competitive advices and help you make a team that will steamroll the Elite 4 and everything before that.