Need of fire type.(Dual)

I have a Rapidash currently and he’s doing great but I feel like I need one with 2 types Fire/X.
Current team is; Charizard, Haxorus, Weezing, Crustle, Scizor (All delta) and Rapidassh.
I am also hoping to replace crustle with Rosarade but it evolved way to late and didn’t learn any moves.
Please help.

Welcome! Also this will be a bit harsh but your team sucks. You have no idea how this is done and evolved your scyther even though scyther is better, for a team member I suggest Delta Chandelure as it is fire/fairy even if it’s not the best pokemon in the game its halfway decent. I would honestly just do a team overhaul and go a bit more meta for the Elite 4. Weezing is a decent pokemon from what I know, Crustle is useable but I haven’t used it, Haxorus is a good choice but unless you have a competitive moveset it is outclassed by Gyarados, Rapidash isn’t the best but you are trying to replace it so doesn’t matter, Charizard is not great because in the story dark types are used which makes it somewhat useless and it’s fast enough that it can outspeed some pokemon but what it doesn’t outspeed will hit it back and Charizard doesn’t hold all that great of power to begin with.

3 Likes

That was a bit over-harsh imo. Yeah sure d.scyther is better but it’s not like d.scizor is absolutely garbage or smth. You don’t need a very competitive team to beat the e4 and a complete overhaul of the team is kinda against the fun of a playthrough.
Anyways, delta chandelure is a good choice and it’s actually really good. It’s good great coverage, decent speed and good defensive and offensive typing. There aren’t many delta fire types you get access too pre-post game so your only options are d.chand, d.vespiquen which is decent cuz it has great defensive typing and moves and d.emolga which you get after the 7th gym is overall not good without its HA, which you can’t get until post game.
If you’re not restricting yourself to deltas, volcorona’s a good option cuz it’s has good stats and quiver dance (the late evolution isn’t a problem cuz by the 5th gym your team should be lv55-60 anyways). I can’t think of anymore of the top of my head soo yeah. You do get access to the fire starters upto gen 6 in friend safari tho once you get the 6th gym so you have a few more options.

5 Likes

I don’t want to use Chandelure because i already have a fairy type(Crustle). I think I will go with Volcorona. Thanks.

2 Likes

I am not going for a “Competitive” team that can handle any team in the game I just want normal team. I already have a Fairy type in that is Crustle, so I can’t use Chandelure. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Like I said a competitive team is the easiest way of beating the E4 but then again it’s your game so do what you will

2 Likes

I said it would be harsh and so it was. But in every game Scizor is never a better choice than Scyther unless its Mega Scizor and even then I don’t think Delta Mega Scizor is that great

1 Like

yes i know but it seemed a bit rude imo but whatever ig
also scizor is better than scyther in every way, competitively speaking. its got better bulk and defensive typing, which makeup for its low speed and it hits a lot harder. then it has utility moves, SD, pursuit and other moves which make it pretty good. its just that delta scizor is part ice, which is one of the worst defensive typing, meaning its increase in bulk is pointless and its lower speed just further harms it.

2 Likes

Not really, sure the bulk is great but Scyther is a much better fast sweeper, the main problem is that scyther has terrible defenses which is the point of the focus sash for a basic set up

1 Like

scizor isnt meant to be a fast sweeper, its more of a bulky wallbreaker. fine ig scizor isnt better than scyther in every way but its still mostly better

1 Like

I know Scizor isn’t supposed to be faster but Scyther’s speed outclasses Scizor a lot of the time.

1 Like

not really, in a 1v1 matchup scyther doesnt really stand a chance cuz its doesnt have a move that can hit hard enough before scizor heals with roost or knocks it out first

1 Like

Does scizor, without scyther’s moves, have something hard enough to kill a scyther before a scyther kills it?

1 Like

I didn’t get the without scythers moves part. Why would a scizor be restricted to only the moves it learns after evolving? But yes, scizor does have access to areial ace and dual wingbeat post crown tundra so yeah

1 Like

Why would you use a scyther when scizor is both better defensively, has an extremely good type in bug steel and has access to priority in bullet punch, which can get boosted by technician and swords dance. Scyther has its uses, especially in gen 8 with dual wingbeat , but scizor is just considered better.

2 Likes

Bruh this whole convo turned into a discussion about whos better: Syther or Scizor. Epic

1 Like

There’s no reason to ever use regular scyther over scizor. scizor has a better typing defensively, better stats, better movepool, hits harder, tanks more hits, only takes 12% from SR instead of the 50% scyther would take. literally the only thing scyther has over scizor is speed, which can be bypassed with STAB Technititan boosted bullet punch coming off of a base 130 attack

1 Like

If you want my expertise, just ask me.

If I may, Sciter has decent speed, but suffers a lot from one of the worst double typing in the game giving it a ton of handicapping weaknesses, including the 4x Rock weakness. It can have Eviolute, but severely held back by its Stealth Rock weakness helping its HP in the process. You need a lot of hazards control. Access to Technican boosted Aerial Ace and Bug Bite is NOICE. 105 speed is ok in OU, outspeeding up to Garchomp. But is easy to revenge kill with priorities or any Choice Scarf users. When your main competition is Volcarona, you know you aren’t being used anytime soon. Plus, lack of way to bypass omnipresent steel types and coverage in general.

Scizor is consistantly part of the best Pokémon in OU since Gen 4. As a Choice Band or (Mega) Bulky Swords Dance, it is a cornerstone of many Volt-Turn teams and was, at the time, the only true counter to Mega Metagross with its Mega defensive set. Technician STAB Bullet Punch from regularScizor is stronger than Rayquaza’s Extreme Speed and one of the best Anti Fairy mesures avaliable. Mega Scizor has a very good defensive typing and stats that let it checks monsters like Mega Metagross, Mega Alakasam, Mega Spidergross, Mega Sceptile and even the mighty Kartana in Gen 7. Its greatest weakness is Hidden Power and Magnet Pull.

I don’t care how good or bad Scizor is compared to Scyther I just find it amusing how I asked for recommendation for a dual fire type but instead started a debate.
I like my Scizor and he’s good enough. I agree Ice/Fighting ain’t the best type for Defense.

1 Like