Need help with my New Moon Team

I don’t really know what to add in my team, the top 3 Pokemon (Spiritomb, D Charizard, D Volcarona) are the ones I chose and I want to have atleast 1 Legendary in my team, so I was wondering what would be the best pick from all these Pokemon.
You guys can give me other suggestions that aren’t there btw

Is D.Charizard the mega? If not then Mega Bisharp is really good. Darkrai/Shadow Mewtwo should definitely be on the team, both if you want. Greninja and Tyranitar would both make for a good 6th, Gren would be my pick though. I wouldn’t recommend using Delta Roserade because of the Fairy nerf in darkness, even though I feel like Moonblast should be buffed instead of nerfed during new moon. Primal Giratina is frankly OP so if you want an easy time then just use that with 4 attacks or calm mind setup, Yveltal and Hoopa are still good but probably the worst out of these options.

1 Like

Something I’ll add is that just because you’re making a new moon team it doesn’t mean all your pokemon have to be Dark/Ghost type, unless that’s your gimmick then you might want to consider adding other options like Fighting types which are indirectly buffed in darkness through the Fairy nerf.

1 Like

I agree with Luminy. Fighting types really appreciate the Fairy Nerf and also handle opposing Dark types who can be problematic. An amazing choice is Keldeo, who can fire off outstandingly strong Surf. Another good Pokémon is Husle Durant, having the 50% physical bonus and correcting its accuracy problem with a Noctem boosted Hone Claw. Durant only works in more offensive teams, though. Lastly, Garchomp has the capability to be absolutely BRUTAL. With Hone Claw and Dragon Rush, it can demolish a metric F**kthon of Pokémon alongside Earthquake and either Draco Jet or Iron Head.

I do not agree with Luminy as for Delta Roserade because the nerf is only of 1/3 instead of 1/2 like other weather, while having weapons against opposing Dark and Dragon is always nice. It is also the best Weather Sweeper when coupled with Choice Specs boosted Lunar Canon or Dark Pulse. It can also go with Life Orb and Spikes to further support the team.

Exca + TTar pair surprisingly well with New Moon team, especially with Mega Delta Charizard. TTar can pursuit trap problematic Ghost types and Lati@s for Mega Delta Charizard. Plus, Excadrill enjoy both weather to be a sturdier Fairy check and have a good offensive synergy with Delta Charizard. Though it is more of a Sand Team archetype instead of a Dual Weather archetype.

1 Like

Yes, D. Charizard is my Mega cuz it can set up New Moon with his ability too.
So, from what I understood I should go with…
Spiritomb, D Charizard, D Volcarona, Shadow Mewtwo, Tyranitar and Greninja?
I have a perfect D Scyther with Hone Claws and Hustle, for a fighting type I guess, the only reason I didn’t use it before is because my D Volcarona has Aurasphere.

I forgot to mention my shadow mewtwo is a physical one btw.

1 Like

I was thinking of using Excadrill too for rapid spin, but the problem I have right now is space…
Obv. Spiritomb and Mega D Charizard are the Noctem Users, which are a have to
Tyranitar is a nice Groudon counter
D Volcarona is pretty op, it is pretty bulky, a nice sweeper and with Levitate it is immune to it’s only weakness
Greninja is pretty nice to have for further coverage moves and sweeps
D Roserade is nice due to her Shadow Dance ability, which allows her to outspeed almost anything
Bisharp is pretty good with defiant and brings a Steel coverage onto the table
and I would like to use only 1 Legendary on top of that

So I am at the point where I don’t really know anymore what 6 pokemon to use, D Scyther might be a nice option on top of all that too, due to Hone Claws and etc.

1 Like

For a more balanced team use the 2 Noctem mons + Tyranitar, Shadow Mewtwo, Greninja and D.Volcarona.
For a more offensive team use the 2 Noctem mons + Greninja, Shadow Mewtwo, D.Volcarona and D.Roserade.
For a more defensive team use the 2 Noctem mons + Tyranitar, D.Volcarona, Darkrai and Bisharp.

You can trade out D.Scyther for Tyranitar/D.Volcarona if you want more type coverage and offensive potential, D.Scyther works great on all the teams but its an extremely offense oriented mon. Definitely don’t evolve it btw.

1 Like

Makes sense, thank you very much

1 Like