My guide for the E4/Pokémon meta discussion hub

I didn’t choose delta scyther because garchomp is fast and hits like a truck. And I imagine not everyone is going to have perfect Ivs and nature’s and ev train them to the max just for one Pokémon

2 Likes

Stop liking my posts

3 Likes

Ok, but D. Scyther has 105 Base Speed while Garchomp has base 102, so if trained you don’t need Ice Shard, but it exists.

Yeah but I if it gets hit by anything with neutral damage and semi decent offensive stats it’ll go down in one shot

1 Like

Plus you can just prankster will o wisp it and it’s useless

1 Like

Well, does Eduard have that? No. Also, if you have to, Sash and Hone Claws Hustle gives you this:

+1 0 Atk Hustle Scyther Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 436-520 (122.1 - 145.6%) – guaranteed OHKO

Neutral Nature, no investment in attack, just Hustle and a Hone Claws. My setup is here:
Scyther
Bashful Nature
Ability: Hustle
EVs:

• Ice Shard
    (Typing is Ice Fighting)

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

• Stealth Rock
  • Earthquake
  • Stone Edge
  • Swords Dance

(Side note, the only pokemon with Prankster T-wave/Will-O-Wisp are M. Banette, Sableye, Klefki, D. Gren, D. Amoongus, and Thundurus) No Elite 4 member uses a Prankster mon.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scyther: 196-232 (69.7 - 82.5%) – guaranteed 2HKO

And even if both are beasts no one would choose scyther over some of the other ice deltas like gard and Gallade. Why take up two slots that you can switch up with two better mons. I’m not saying scyther because even with good speed and attack, it’s bull is almost non existent. As I said during the London phase scyther a gonna get destroyed if you have to switch into it. It’s weak to his team and is so fast that anything on London’s team would annihilate it. That’s why I didn’t put it there. Even with speed and attack AND hustle it’s too frail. Scizor has slightly better bulk. I didn’t use either on my e 4 run because I knew they would lose instantly, especially with me running a better mom for the e4 over all. They fit a very specific niche, and if something outspeeds it or survives a hit, which can happen pretty easily, it’s lights out for them.

1 Like

@Emerald24111 made a few edits to your page.

1 Like

@EZLATURBO wdyt of my edits?

1 Like

Thanks jojo

1 Like

I made a warning for people using Delta Scyther

1 Like

that would be the same case for d scizor though :moyai: even with it’s higher attack stat the scyther could have most likely gotten a hone claws or 2 up

it’s also better sack material imo as it’s more likely to get killed for you to bring in a diff mon

while if d scizor’s bulk might allow the opposing mon to set up

sorry for intruding on this but I just had a few things to point out :moyai:

1 Like

He can like them if he wants. #truf

1 Like

Yeah but it’s in the same position as necro posting. I get an unwanted notification

1 Like

you can always change your settings like i did. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

That’s why I said Excadrill, as he abuses sand too. He can reverse sweep. Also destroys Reukra(X-Scissor) and Yuki.

Yeah Excas rly good against the e4 if u bring ttar and d scyther

Like my most recent e4 team was armored ttar, lo exca, sash hone claws d scyther, mega scizor, and np polish mew

Just a warning though, be careful when SR/Spikes are out and in sand, you’ll want to clear the former and wait out the latter before bringing in D. Scyther.