My first play-through team

Hey everyone. I wanted to share with you guys my first play-through team ever. First of all, I’ve played every Pokemon game since Blue all the way up to Sun. Been a huge Pokemon fan my whole life. This is the first fan made Pokemon I’ve ever played and let me just say it was absolutely incredible! I put in about 100 hours just to complete the main story and had a blast the entire way. I played on Normal difficulty with the darker story. Here was my team that I beat the E4 and Champion with!

Swampert (Torrent/Swift Swim):Impish (Surf, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Rock Slide) Swampertite/Soft Sand
IVs: (31 HP, 31 Att, 26 Def, 28 Sp Att, 24 Sp Def, 4 Spd)

Typhlosion (Blaze/Hubris: Rash (Eruption, Flamethrower, Blast Burn, Swift) Typhlosionite/Charcoal
IVs: (23 HP, 26 Att, 27 Def, 27 Sp Att, 15 Sp Def, 31 Spd)

Thundurus (Prankster): Quiet (Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Fly) Magnet/Life Orb
IVs: (30 HP, 27 Att, 10 Def, 31 Sp Att, 5 Sp Def, 25 Spd)

Garchomp (Sand Veil): Naughty (Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Aerial Ace) Dragon Fang/Garchompite
IVs: (31 HP, 31 Att, 31 Def, 15 Sp Att, 13 Sp Def, 31 Spd)

D. Haxorus (Strong Jaw): Jolly (Iron Head, Crunch, Poison Fang, Swords Dance) Scope Lens
IVs: (27 HP, 31 Att, 19 Def, 16 Sp Att, 6 Sp Def , 29 Spd)

Tyranitar (Sand Stream): Naughty (Crunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, custom fighting move) Tyranitar Armor
IVs: (31 HP, 31 Att, 31 Def, 21 Sp Att, 31 Sp Def, 23 Spd)

I EV trained Garchomp (255 Att/255 Spd) and Tyranitar (255 Att/108 Def/108 Sp Def/39 Spd).

Overall this team served me very well. I only had trouble with Yuki but was able to beat her the second time. I one shot the rest of the E4 as well as the champion. I also one shot notable fights such as both Zenith fights, Taen fights, Persephone in the dream world, Adam, Nyx, the final Jaern fight, and the 7 Timeless fights. I’d say the fight that gave me the most trouble was the East fight, but I really didn’t have my full team at this point.

I can’t really say who was the mvp of my team. Swampert, Typhlosion, and D Haxorus were all in the running as they all three performed amazingly and came in clutch SO many times. The other 3 were just stat monsters who hit like trucks. Mega Typhlosion was one of my favorites because of his ability Hubris which is super strong and allowed him to sweep many teams. Swampert was just a tanky beast with an amazing typing. Plus with STAB Surf/Earthquake he can hit pretty hard. D Haxorus with strong jaw hit like a truck with Crunch and Posion Fang, plus he could sweep with Swords Dance. I switched around mega stones depending on who between Swampert, Typhlosion, and Garchomp would be best for the fight.

My starter was D Blastoise who I actually used up until I replaced him with Pupitar in Selene City. I liked his mega but I was overall disappointed with normal D Blastoise due to his low stats and bad typing (imo). Tyranitar performed much better and was able to cover the dark and fighting type. Before getting Thundurus and Garchomp I used Lucario and Zebstrika. They both were pretty good but overall had lower stats than I wanted. I’m pretty happy with this team and currently they’re all over lvl 100 and I am completing the post game! Love how much more there is to do once you finish the main story. My one regret was not using more Delta Pokemon like Ralts and Scyther, but next time I definitely want to make a note to use more Delta Pokemon. Comments, critiques, and suggestions welcomed! I’d love to hear your teams as well!

2 Likes

You my sir, have a very good experience playing. Me on the other hand, up until the elite 4, had to soft reset at least once to beat every gym leader (East took 8 sr), 5 soft resets on Zenith, 2 soft resets on Taen every time. And the rest were horrible. You have passed the main story without any problems. Congratulations

Thank you man haha I appreciate it. Don’t worry tho the East fight was super hard for me also probably took like 5-6 sr. Orion also took me a couple tries. My first attempt on the Elite Four I faced Yuki first and her Starmie sweeped my team lol. With a few adjustments I was able to beat her on my next try but this game was definitely harder than any other Pokemon game I’ve played. And I have experience with Nuzlocke’s in HG/SS and Gen 5 but this game is harder than those every where xD. Looking back it was kinda a miracle I was able to beat the Taen and Zenith fights so easily because they had CRAZY strong teams. I still remember the 2nd Taen fight armor Zekrom, Kyurem, and Mega Charizard it was crazy. Same with the 2nd Zenith fight Heatran, Primal Groudoun, and Mega Blaziken it was seriously rough but I was able to make it out just barely. Swampert really helped me on that one because he was so tanky and was able to live a hit from Mega Blaziken. I can’t even imagine those fights on Hard mode god damn!

1 Like

You have made me feel better so I thank you!