My current team. How is it? Any advice?

I’m still pretty early in the game (just got the second badge) so I know my team will probably evolve and change over time. However i just wanna be sure I’m on the right track. Please note i was ‘unlucky’ for some of these pokemon in terms of nature. I usually dont bother to much with that, but abilities are usually important to me.

Delta Charizard - Spirit Call - Impish - Shadow Ball, Dragon Breath, Dragon Dance, Flame Charge
Azumaril - Huge Power - Serious - Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring, Play Rough, Rollout
Heatmor - Flash Fire - Gentle - Incinerate, Flame Burst, Lick, Fire Spin
Delta Kirlia - Lightning Rod - Naughty - Shockwave, Powder Snow, Calm Mind, Nuzzle
Baltoy - Levitate - Docile - Extrasensory, Rock Tomb, Mud Slap (will be replacing with earth power soon), Cosmic Power
Pancham (New addition so not refined yet) - Scrappy - Rash - Arm thrust, work up, karate chop, cosmic punch

I was thinking of swapping Heatmor for Delta Combee eventually however I find it to be a total beast of a Pokemon (a tank that can hit) so I’m not sure entirely. I could swap out baltoy for bronzor then get sandile instead of pancham i suppose?

You need a good ground type. Have you considered delta grimer(for early game?)

Also, your team has some serious speed probs. Only 1 of your pokemon has a speed of 100 or above.
I suggest using 1 pokemon whose speed is above 100 to increase the overall speed of your team.

You get items such as the choice scarf midgame, which can be a huge boon to your gardevoir.

A crobat early game is a beast with it’s high speed and decent offense.

You can switch heatmor out for it. Crobat is also really good as a game changer because of that mindblowing 130 base speed and is useful till the end of the game also.(I used 1 in my 2nd insurgence playthrough and it was SUPER clutch in major boss battles.)

The problem is that it is nearly the same,offensively when compared to delta vespiquen.
Basically it’s up to you now. Do you want speed or defenses ?

Crobat is a poison type so I can certainly put one in for the fairy coverage. I would nto have a fire type any more though. Hm, is houndoom any good in in insurgence? That can give the psychic type coverage.

Also is there something wrong with Baltoy?

No, I just prefer using delta muk because it gets the ability sap sipper. Though claydol and muk both have the same base stat total,
And claydol gets the psychic type, it also has more weaknesses than muk and can only hit 2 extra types for super effective coverage, 2 types which your team can already handle.
Delta muk has one of the best offensive types in the game, and with the ability sap sipper, it is immune to grass types now. It also has a much better offensive presence than claydol and a slightly better defensive presence, because of the number weaknesses claydol has. That is why I consider delta muk better.

The thing is, you don’t really need a fire type anymore. Your team can already handle everything that a fire type is good against.

However the fire type is really good insurance against a lot of pokemon.

You can use a fire type sweeper( mega typhlosion) or a mega houndoom if you want.
P.s I’m speaking from experience

Is mega Houndoom in the game yet? it says the houndoominite is not obtainable currently on the wiki, but it may be out of date…

Normal houndoom is a good mon too. If you really want the OP mega, I suggest mega typhlosion.

You should absolutely switch Heatmor for Delta Combee, just make sure to soft reset for a female and try to get a decent nature. The mon is an absolute beast and is slept on quite a bit in this game. It has great bulk on top of 9 resistances, 5 of which are quad resists and 2 immunities on top of that. It has incredible coverage, a massive and diverse movepool as well as multiple play sets. 100% would recommend.

If you are worried about a ground type, swapping pancham for sandile is a solid pick, but if you haven’t decided on a mega I would recommend Mega Donphan. It has stupidly high bulk and attack and outright ignores type immunities. EQ flying types, rapid spin and super power ghost types, toxic and gunk shot steel types. This mon is absolutely incredible.

Speed isn’t really an issue on your team. sure, only one has a speed base of over 100, but 3 of your members have access to priority. I would highly advise against Mega Typhlosion as well. It isn’t worth wasting a mega slot on it.

You should take some time and get a better Azumarill though. Get a female, breed it with something to give it aqua jet and potentially belly drum and keep breeding until you get one that is adamant.

Ive got a girl azumarill. i make it a habit to have three female and three males, or at least two of one and a genderless. I’ve fallen to infatuation too many times to ever let myself fall victim to that again even if the move has fallen out of use (i barely see it used these days compared to when anything that could learn it would abuse it in game). I’ll catch a male buizel and get an adamant nature. I will at least get aqua jet. I have little patience for breeding beyond once or twice.

I think i’ll keep crobat (areobatics has stab and its deadly) and get Delta Vespiqueen too. It most certainly sounds like a powerhouse. I love Krookodile and its decently speedy as well. In the mean time i’ll keep playing with what i have until i reach route 9, but i def will get right to work getting a better nature for my azumarill. ty very much.

Edit: Would A water type custom move be a good substetute for aqua jet? Just curious. I have no intention of ever doing online battles so i dont care about that.

Not really. You want aqua jet for the priority. A water custom move is pretty much interchangeable with Aqua Tail.