Move Counter disappear?

Hi, I’m new to the forums. I was trying to breed Counter into Torchic and Chimchar lines, but I can’t find the move on any other Pokemon. Already tried leveling (Sawk&Heracross) and move relearner (Hitmonchan).

Breed them with a Slakoth it learns Counter at level 30.

I just tested with a Hitmonchan and it learned Counter at both of its respective levels just fine. For the rest, I have no idea why on earth those disappeared from the learnsets but I’ve fixed them for the next update.

In the meantime, the only other Pokemon that I found that still learned Counter by level up as it was supposed to was Wobbuffet.

No good on Slakoth/Vigoroth either :frowning:

Huh… I tried on a new save, and it worked! Thanks a lot! Looks like I did something wrong to him the first time around… So at the moment, if I want to breed Counter into Torchic, I have to breed into Riolu/Slakoth first, then into Torchic?

You know, I was about to say that because those two don’t have Counter listed as one of their egg moves, I don’t think it will be possible to breed Counter onto them. What you could try to do is breed Counter from Hitmonchan onto Chimchar first and then breed one of those Chimchar with Torchic.

…but then I realized that some Pokemon, including Torchic, had Counter removed from their egg move lists as well. So you’re going to have to wait until the next update before you can get your dream Torchic. Looks like I’ll be fixing all of this too!

Oh, ok then. Thanks again!

rocketbro, i dunno if it was intentional, but zorua lost counter as one of it’s egg moves.