Missing Pokemon from Pokedex

Okay, I was going through the Pokemon Insurgence wiki page where they list pokemon and where to find them. After MISSINGNO (dex no. 722) there is D. Bulbasaur (dex no. 727). From what I know and heard no new pokemon will be added to the game in the future so what’s up with those missing pokes?

IIRC it’s supposed to separate the Delta Dex from the main Pokedex. You can’t fill them and they don’t do anything.

Hm, I actually recall that it’s a quirk due to Suzerain building this dex practically on top of the ZO dex and was too lazy to move all the deltas right four spaces, or at least it was something along those lines.

K, the actual answer is that these slots correspond to 4 legendary-like fakemon that were originally planned and put into the game’s code at the very start of development but were later scrapped after it was ultimately decided not to add them during the final update after we made several changes to the story which would have essentially made their existence random and without any connection to the story at all.

The way the game files are set up make it much more complicated to remove these 4 spaces than you would expect and the Pokemon after those 4 slots wouldn’t just move down on their own if they were removed. There is also a huge risk of screwing up people’s data by having Pokemon after these 4 spaces change into other Pokemon if there was an attempt to renumber them. The renumbering process itself would have also taken a large amount of effort to implement in the first place.

All in all, it just wasn’t worth the trouble to get rid of those 4 spots.

1 Like

Alright, thank you very much for clearing it out!