Merging Patch

I have a few questions about this Merging Patch for 1.2.3. When it says you need 1.2.0 or 1.2.1, do they mean previous versions of the game? If so, will just having 1.2.3 work for this, or do I need to download the game again?

Do you need this patch to do online stuff? I got someone to agree to gift me something, but he keeps getting an error where it says my username doesn’t exist.

I understand that merging folders is just putting the files of one folder into another, but should I unzip the patch files or leave them as is? What is the difference between the mirror torrent and the regular torrent?

Unless you absolutely need to, I’d suggest skipping all the patching work and just downloading the 1.2.3 core. The core has all of the files and you don’t need any merging or previous versions. Simply unzip and click the game.exe application.

Thank you for the advice. Does 1.2.3 fix all of the crash bugs that the patch takes care off? That and fixing whatever’s wrong with my online stuff are my main concerns.

I’m unsure of what you mean by crash stuff, sorry. Tons of bugs are indeed fixed in 1.2.3, but iirc online stuff is down.

The online services have been running uninterrupted for the past 150-ish days, so they’re definitely not down.

The patch notes says that they fixed certain triggers so that they no longer cause the game to crash. i.e. the Yveltal crash. Thank you for the information and advice.

Indeed, those crashes would be fixed in the 1.2.3 core, and thanks deuk for the clarification lol.