Mac WineBottler - cannot run and save my game

Hey!

First of all I ´m new to this game and I just saw a couple of Gameplay Episode of MandJTV, so I’m pretty impresses! Great Work!

Now as I wrote in the title, I am having problems running this game on Mac. So the instructions on the website didn’t work so I had to look up other ways (really hard and not amusing btw.). Now I got WineBottler and I have the Game.exe and I could download it once. But after that it just disappeared. I wanted to check if the game would still run after closing but it didn’t allow me to. I’m pretty much stuck and when I try opening the game.exe, nothing happens. Before that it even told me to install it again.
I don’t know how many people are trying to run this via WineBottler but I hope someone can help me.
(If any of the devs see this, please try to give better instructions for Mac. It didn’t work at all and I saw a couple of other comments from people who had the same issue)

With regards Rahul

1 Like

Try running with either Terminal or using Wine Stable to run Game.exe, Winebottler is pretty outdated and a pain and a half to set up. If you go into your Terminal (Applications -> Utilities) and copy and paste the following command: curl -S "https://gitlab.com/levi506/installing-insurgnece/raw/master/assets/macOS/install.sh" | bash it will begin the installation script to run the game for you.

If everything goes smoothly, it will guide you through a few different steps in Terminal, and occasionally will ask you for your password. It’ll look as if you’re not typing anything in, but it just hides characters for security, and will still let you type it in.

An alternate way to download the game, without using Terminal:

• Go into your pkmn_insurg folder, then into the folder titled drive_c
  • Within this folder, there should be a subfolder called Program Files x86 , open this and search for a folder titled Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.5 Core or Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.5 Core.zip
  • If you can’t find any such folder, download the Windows Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.5 Core from here! Extract the .zip file by double clicking on the file.
  • Open the Core folder, and locate the file called Game.exe , and right click the file! Select “Open with Wine Stable” and it should let you run the game through Wine, assuming you’re on a version of Mac before Catalina!
  • If you experience any issues with the game crashing upon hearing the Gengar or Mew’s cry , go into your Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.5 Core , then into the folder titled Audio , then into the SE subfolder. It will give you the option to sort by Kind. Delete all the .mp3 files from the SE folder, and try and boot up the game again.

I understand that this is a lot of information at once, so hit me up either here or on Discord at Crimson#4138 if you have any questions.

Hey!

Thanks a lot for your message! I really appreciate it. Now I’m kind of feeling stupid cause I don’t run Terminal that often. Oh and I don’t have Discord so I’m trying to contact you here. Well first of all, I really want to ensure if you can play this game on Mac Mojave. I read several post of people saying you cannot. If you can and you have the File and even Wine Stable, how do you open it on Terminal. Do you actually type ~/pkmn_insurg/ and then use “./Run Pokémon Insurgence.command”? Oh and can you actually play that Windows Download you wrote on this “HERE” on Mac Mojave?
Sorry for bothering you with my lack of knowledge…

With regards Rahul

Try just starting by opening Terminal and copy/pasting the lines of text that I sent in the previous message (the one starting with curl -S and ending with bash) and it should spew out a lot of code and occasionally ask for your computer password. It might look a bit scary at first but it’s just installing some packages to let you run the game.

Okay I have now installed the game and how do I open it now?

Through Winestable? But how?

Download and extract Wine Stable through the link I sent you, then extract the .zip file (Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.7 Core.zip) into a folder. Open the folder, right click Game.exe, and select Open with Wine Stable.

This actually worked so I tried writing it down for people who don’t get what’s written on the Homepage :slight_smile: