Looking for some ways to improve my team

Title mostly describes it, My team has some issues such as no good counter to bug and fairy types, only has 5 Pokemon, move suggestions appreciated.
team is level 50-55 and I’m exiting Miara town.

My team is as follows:

Delta Charizard

• shadow ball
  • dragon pulse
  • confuse ray(i haven’t found anything to replace this yet, although i didn’t really look)
  • dragon dance(same as confuse ray)

Delta Scizor

• icicle crash
  • night slash
  • psycho cut
  • low sweep

Delta Haxorus

• ice fang
  • Crunch
  • aqua tail
  • swords dance

Rotom

• hex
  • Shock Wave
  • uproar(idk why i haven’t replaced this yet)
  • Thunder wave

Lucario

• Quick attack
  • aura sphere
  • force palm
  • bone rush

Not sure if I am going to keep Lucario, kind of just depends if it would help with the type coverage

Ok, to start I’d put Dragonify on the D.Charizard, it’s a TM available in the game corner (TM 117), it turns the opponent into a dragon type allowing you to crush opponents with dragon pulse regardless of their original typings.

I’d get rid of Crunch on D.Haxorus and use heavy slam or metal claw instead, this will give you a super effective stab move against fairy.

For Rotom you could replace uproar with Charge to double the power of the next electric damaging move when you get the chance (level 57).

For Lucario I’d remove aura sphere for power-up punch. Still fighting but is physical damage and boosts your attack power. Also replace Quick Attack with Extreme Speed when it becomes available (level 56).

When it comes to not being able to deal with bug types; while you might not have anything super effective against them, both Lucario and D.Haxorus are steel which resists bug, reducing damage by half. And with Lucario (being fighting also) the damage is reduced further. If you feel like you need a super effective move however, Lucario can learn rock moves from a TM. I believe at your level you should have access to Rock Tomb (TM39 from Helios Department Store).

I hope this helps a little.

1 Like

Dragonify is actually kinda eh outside of a few niche situations. On D. Zard, you’ll want Frost Breath/Flamethrower and Sludge Bomb. Also, mega-evo it. On D. Scizor, get Swords Dance over Psycho Cut, and Drain Punch over Low Sweep. Ice Shard is nice as a replacement for Night Slash, else keep Night Slash. D. Haxorus wants Iron Head over Ice Fang and Earthquake over Crunch generally. Rotom is fine, you could change it to Heat Forme in the next town, and it becomes quite good. Lucario, I would trade for Scizor, as it’s just generally good, and in your last slot, I’d grab Gyarados or Gengar.

2 Likes