Looking back at my no faint team

After gateing new knowledge about the Insurgence Pokémon viability, I was wondering something: is my team really that great?

Here is a little bit of context. Back in summer, I gave myself a challenge: Doing the whole game without any Pokémon fainting. The rules are following:

• Hard mode only
  • If I faint, I reset the game.
  • The game is on Set mode because the E4 is that way. Shift mode is cheating anyway. :angry:
  • I cannot transfer a Pokémon to access early exceot for one I previously chosen before the challenge starts. In my case, Delta Volcaronna.
  • 2 Item usage during a battle (Full Restore and stuff) only because the AI do so.
  • I am allowed to change my internal time to access certain Pokémon because of my job and overall access to my computer. I must put it back to normal afterward.
  • Allie’s fainted Pokémon in double battle doesn’t count.
  • When entering a gym, I can save only when I enter and after defeating the Gym Leader. If I loose to the gym leader, I have to battle the trainers again. I can ssave multiple time in the gym, but only when I enter.

My team idea was:

Typhlosion @ Typhlosionite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
Timid Nature
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Psyshock
-Thunder Wave

Delta Volcarona @ Volcarona Armor
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Sludge Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Roost / Coverage
-Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Soft Boiled
-Flamethrower / coverage

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
-Bulk Up
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake / Drain Punch
-Synthesis

Delta Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Wild Cherge
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Volt Switch

I had a job at the time, but not anymore ;-;. NOT THE POINT! I am actually doupting about my teams options right now. First, the first thing thay annoy me is Delta Gallade. I Prefer Delta Gardevoir as a Choice Scarf, especially since I don’t have Wild Charge recoil. However, because my team is a lot focused on the special side, I felt like I had to use Gallade.

So yeah. The team is some sort of Bulky Offense influenced by my early understanding of the meta. I think the team is solid, don’t get me wrong, but I would be curious to see what the « newer » forum member think about the team. Quick notes about the team.

And as I am as Koril town, I aldready evolved my Kirlia into a Gallade, but as my rules says, I cannot trade to access early. Since I had access to Delta Ralts, I could technically get Gardevoir.
I choosed Mega Typhlosion because I wanted a very strong sweeper, I know Mega Kangaskan is better in… Every way, but Typhlosion is earlyer access than Kangaskan.
Slowbro for a bulky water type.
Delta Volcarona for a levitating Taunt User that is also very… Broken. Also a Dark Switch-In.
Clefable for a bulkyer sweeper.
Delta Snorlax because it feels quite solid for the game in general. Also having access before Audrey.
Delta Gallade because I needed a revenge killer, and what best than the best Nyx matchup in the game.

6 Likes

Honestly, Kanga has a better MU vs E4. Typhlo serves better in comp matches though. I think of you change mega slots you could run D. Gard and not much would have to change moveset wise. You could rebuild around D Volc and Kanga though.

As I said, Mega Kangaskan is found too late during the playthrough. If I am using the main Mega during the last 25% of the game, it feels a little annoying.

I’m a little unsure about Slowbro…

Slowbro is amazing. I run it/slowking consistently on my teams and it has great utility and staying power with Regenerator and Slack Off. Scald, T-Wave, Future Sight, etc.

1 Like

Sould I use Calm Mind instead of Thunder Wave?

I do not remember the set.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Psyshock
-Thunder Wave

VS

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Psyshock
-Calm Mind

Calm Mind could work to break/clean. T-Wave provides more support. You could also run Future Sight, though it loses some of it’s utility vs AI.