Last Team Members?

First time playing through on hard mode and just beat anastasia. I’m pretty sure about these 4 members of my team, but don’t know how to round them out. Any suggestions for good teammates? Who would help the most for the E4? Here’s what I have right now with no EV training yet.

D. Venusaur (+Def -Atk): megastone
calm mind
leech seed
psychic
moonblast

Gengar (+Spd -Sp. Def): life orb
hypnosis
destiny bond
venoshock
shadowball

Gyarados (+Atk -Sp. Atk): leftovers
dragon dance
crunch
aqua tail
ice fang

D. Snorlax (+Sp. Def, -Spd): Leftovers
belly drum
earthquake
wood hammer
body slam

Im thinking blaziken, salamence are good but not sure. I also have D. axew, d. gardevoir, charizard, dragonite, D. Scyther, togepi in the box but am willing to go back to catch anything i missed

I’d change up a few sets later, but D. Gardevoir is great with a Choice Scarf. D. Scyther is better imo for the E4 tho.

Ah yea D. Scyther seems pretty good with hustle and hone claws, although he seems a bit frail.

D. Gardevoir seems like an ice beam/thunderbolt slave to me rn. what moves would be good with choice scarf?

Usually, it’s Earth Power and Moonblast/Focus Blast. To patch up D. Scyther’s bulk, just run Eviolite. Should allow you to consistently set up. Your Gyarados set is fine for now, but when you get to E4, just run Custom Move Grass and Taunt over Crunch and Ice Fang, and you’ll sweep Kayla and Eduard. Gengar should be running Focus Blast and Sludge Bomb over Venoshock and Destiny Bond/Hypnosis, though either one might be useful. D. Venu is fine, but it can sweep if you run Shadow Ball>Leech Seed. I personally prefer Bulk Up D. Snorlax, as it’s slightly more consistent. Also, Synthesis/Drain Punch over Body Slam.

Thanks for the suggestions! Yea I totally agree with the movesets, i’ve gotta find out where to get all those tms lol. didn’t think of eviolite for scyther but that should help him out a lot.

it does seem odd to be running two ice types if id add d scyther and d gard but idk who would be best to round out the team.

Serene grace Togakiss. Good for any run to be honest :thinking:

What i run on it

-Draining kiss/
-Air Slash
-Ancient power (omni boost)/ Flamethrower/ Ice beam
-Aura sphere

Please no. While possible, it takes forever. Also, every team has a way to outspeed it.

1 Like

I’d use D. Garde for the run until the E4. It’s much better esp for one of the bosses.

keeping venusaur, snorlax, and gyarados but adding metagross, d. gard, and hydreigon seems to be pretty balanced. that’d probably mean going mega on metagross with meteor mash, thunderpunch, zen headbutt and earthquake, going scarf on d. gardevoir, and going life orb on hydreigon with flamethrower, draco meteor/dragon pulse, dark pulse and roost

I’d get Mold Breaker Exca over meta and keep M. Venu. Gengar is fine, but if you want Hydreigon, go for it.

I’d go Bullet punch, Ice punch, Zen headbutt, meteor mash. Ice punch for the Dragon types and ground. Bullet punch for kills you couldnt get b/c target outspeeds. Meteor mash and Zen headbutt are complete no-brainers

No Zen Headbutt, EQ is much better.

Ok jeez. I feel like you competitive people take the fun out of Pokémon sometimes.
Its just a simple Playthru.

Nah, its not that, it that you need EQ to be able to hit several E4 members for SE/neutral damage, instead of being resisted.

I feal like that what you have Mutiple mons for. And relying on one Pokémon does take the fun out of pokemon too

also, remember guys if it’s not 100% accurate, it’s 50% percent, so zen headbutt sucks

Yea, but still, you could have those mons do other stuff, instead of having a useless move with meh accuracy. It’s like having 4 Fire moves Zard. Same logic applies here, if it can be better without too much effort, why not? You get EQ just by playing the game iirc.