I've been watching some battles on the sim and it seems like some people need a starting team. This is my 1v1 style OU team

While I realize that it’s not incredible and lacks synergy for the most part, it is a great deal better than many of the frustratingly bad teams that I have seen. Consider it a simple jumping off point. As an aside, when Landorus, Keldeo, and Manectric (especially Manectric) come out, this team will function much more poorly. As an side to the aside, can anyone improve the EVs on any of these sets with respect to min/maxing?

Delta Scyther @ Choice Scarf Ability: Hustle EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Adamant nature

• Icicle Crash
  • Ice Shard
  • Close Combat
  • Night Slash

Sylveon @ Choice Specs Ability: Pixilate EVs: 20 HP / 244 Def / 236 SAtk / 8 Spe IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef Modest nature

• Hyper Voice
  • Wish
  • Hidden Power
  • Psyshock

Talonflame @ Leftovers Ability: Gale Wings EVs: 156 HP / 204 Atk / 148 Def Adamant nature

• Roost
  • Brave Bird
  • Flare Blitz
  • Will-O-Wisp

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite Ability: Rain Dish EVs: 248 HP / 216 SAtk / 44 SDef Modest nature

• Dark Pulse
  • Aura Sphere
  • Rapid Spin
  • Scald

(can also run mirror coat over another move)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers Ability: Iron Barbs EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def / 4 SDef IVs: 0 Spe Relaxed nature

• Leech Seed
  • Gyro Ball
  • Protect
  • Stealth Rock

Garchomp @ Leftovers Ability: Rough Skin EVs: 64 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 252 Spe Jolly nature

• Swords Dance
  • Outrage
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Blast
1 Like

Here is some advice:

Firstly, Sylveon isn’t a very good mon, especially offensive Sylveon. It is very easily outclassed by Defensive Calm Mind Clefable. 252 hp/172 def/84spdef with a calm nature.

For Talonflame, I would suggest replacing Flare Blitz with Swords dance and the EV spread would be 248HP/252spdef/8speed.

For Blastoise, I don’t really understand your EV spread, but the moveset seems ok. Another viable option would be to use a defensive Starmie as a rapid spinner since it has more longevity than Blastoise.

For Ferrothorn, I would change Stealth Rocks to spikes, and use Power Whip instead of Protect. 252HP/88 Def/168 Spdef helps you to take on threats like Manaphy, Gyarados, and Excadrill.

For Garchomp, I would recommend the tank set using the Rocky Helmet item to help. Change Swords dance to Stealth rock and change outrage to dragon tail. Use this EV spread: 240HP/176Def/92 Speed

Use this for EV spreads, movesets, and general competitive knowledge http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/

1 Like

Haha, I’m already very aware of Smogon. I’ve been a high level 1v1 player for a long time but quit playing for the last year, until the insurgence simulator went up, which is where I scrapped together my sets. Hopefully everyone will appreciate your changes to the sets, if they use the team. The original sets all occupied niches in the 1v1 meta, minus the support moves that I had to tack on, the pseudo-kyurem-b that is scyther, and the compromise that is garchomp.

Is the Blastoise delta?

Don’'t necro dead posts

Im not, just asking questions.

Yes you are, the last comment was 2 years ago

The Blastoise is not delta just look at it moves