Items help

so i have a delta gardevoir that has thunder and blizzard, should I have a mega stone on her or a wide lens?

Don’t run either move outside of weather. The expected damage output with Thunderbolt or Ice Beam is higher, making those two moves not worth using outside of weather teams. This allows you to run a Choice Scarf set to make up for its low speed like such:

D. Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body/Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Thunderbolt
  • Ice Beam
  • Moonblast
  • Earth Power
Expected Damage Output Explanation

Think of it this way. Thunder/Blizzard is a 110 BP move with 70% accuracy. You will be hitting it 70% of the time. So, on average, you will be doing 70% of 110 BP, or using what is essentially a 77 BP move. On the other hand, if you ran Thunderbolt or Ice Beam, which are 90 BP with 100% accuracy, you on average, be using a 90 BP move. Now, the only advantage weatherless Thunder has over Thunderbolt is the 30% paralysis chance compared to Thunderbolt’s 10%. However, if you want the paralysis chance, run DIscharge, which is a 80 BP , 100% accurate move with a 30% paralysis chance. Thus, those two moves are completely outclassed outside of weather/singles battles. (Blizzard is good in Doubles cuz it hits both targets.)

1 Like

holy hell, that is really good, thank you, for the explanation and the recommended moveset, I’ll use the recommended stuff, really tysm