Issue running Game.exe

*Re-posted from another unsolved thread that’s pretty far down- I’d appreciate second opinions. I apologize if this is against the forum rules, but I didn’t see any rules for the questions tab.

I’ve been having issues updating with my launcher, so I had to download a new core to run Game.exe. (Downloaded from he forums)

I used WinZip to extract the files (something I’ve seen other users do.) However, double-clicking Game.exe and pressing ‘open’ won’t actually open it. I’ve had to run game.exe before, and I’ve been able to open the game successfully that way. But for whatever reason, this new core won’t.

this is the menu I got. I also noticed that the application doesn’t have the typical sun icon.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know if there is a way to get around it without using the launcher and/or losing save data? Or is it something else I didn’t do correctly?

Sorry if this is silly question, but I’m not very tech-savvy and I’d appreciate your patience.

What’s the size of the downloaded unextracted file? Redownloading and/or using a different extraction program fixed this for others.

It’s 566 MB. Is that too small? I know the update size is to be much bigger on my launcher. I re-downloaded and had the same problem. Is there another (Preferably secure) rar opener that you’d recommend?

Weird, that sounds about the right size for the unextracted download(I might be wrong though). Usually recommended extractors are WinZip and 7Zip. Sometimes Winrar is recommended. I’m not sure how secure these are, not too knowledgeable on that front but all three are widely used as far as I know.

Things you can try:

• Check if winzip that you’re using is the latest version

• Download from the mirror link if you downloaded from the torrent and vice versa.

I forgot to ask but does that pic show all of the files that were extracted? Top of my mind I can think of at least one file that’s missing coupled with the sizes of the files visible, leads me to believe it’s either incomplete/broken extraction/download.

Forgot to answer this but since you’re on windows, your saves should be fine as they are stored in a different Folder. (C:\Users\(your name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Insurgence)

I’m kinda having the same issues however I have never ran the game before. I do have the latest version of winzip but for some reason it won’t open the Game.exe when I double click and open it manually.

how do i get the game exe in my folder for insurgence

Game.exe should be in the core. It will have a sun icon after extracting the folder like you’re supposed to.

thanks so much it works now i spent atleast 6 hours trying to play no lies

how do i make the game screen bigger?

In the options menu. There is no fullscreen by the way.

ok thanks