Is Zygarde catchable in 1st appearance (Spoiler)

I feel like I’m missing something obvious. I am in Dragon Ruins facing down Zygarde, and since it’s a wild encounter I assume I can catch it. However, I’m now on my 5th Soft Reset and each time, despite being on absolute minimum health and using Ultra Balls, I can not catch him. For the hell of it I looked up the stats and there should be a 5% chance, per ball thrown, that I catch him, yet nothing has happened.

Admittedly, he is not afflicted by a status condition, but thats because I can’t leave the Ruins to get a pokemon with a status move, and the only one I do have is Thunder Wave, which I can’t use on Ground-type Zygarde. I’ve caught plenty of legendaries before, and this just feels ridiculous now. So am I missing something and I’m not even supposed to catch him now? If I KO’d him can I catch him later?

1 Like

You are supposed to catch it there. It’s the only chance you have.

1 Like

Damn, I’m immensely confused then, I’ve never had any where near this much difficulty catching something, regardless of it not having a status condition. If only it weren’t immune to electricity… I don’t suppose there is any way to leave and come back? I assume not since its very overtly blocked off

Use a Heavy Ball. Took me just 4 times before I finally caught it.

1 Like

For the record, I’ve done 5 SRs so far and Zygarde has 55 turns before it starts Struggling and killing itself. Take out 2 turns to get its health down and 3 for healing my pokemon over the fight, thats 50 attempts per reset, which is 250 attempts all up. It’s getting infuriating.

Alright I’ll give that a go

Use heavy ball. It will be much easier

1 Like

Holy hell, I can’t believe it, it worked first go… so 250 Ultra Balls gave me nothing, while 1 singular Heavy Ball (the only one in my bag, no less) worked like a charm. Thanks guys, lets hope this helps some poor soul at some point in the future

2 Likes

Told ya. It’s so easy to caught it in a Heavy Ball even in full HP

Buy many heavy ball since most legendaries are heavy. Partner that with snore ball if you cant paralyze the pokemon

I’m in a mild state of shock here, even with the Heavy Ball’s increased Catch Rate I don’t see how the Ultra failed 250 times in a row, while the Heavy just aced it. I’m glad it worked, but I’m incredibly suspicious :thinking: Thanks either way, you saved me from a mental breakdown

Noted. If I’d known I’d be catching a Legendary before going to the Ruins I’d have gotten more prepared. But I never realised how effective Heavy Balls really were against Legendaries

Link of pokemon weights so you can know which pokemon heavy ball will be effective https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_weight

Cheers, I’ll use that in the future. All these years I undervalued the Heavy Ball.

Saddly I used all my heavy balls so Im just stuck with ultra balls

You can buy more in the helios department store, 1st floor, 3rd cashier