Is using the Friend Safari "cheating"?

I have never beaten Pokemon Insurgence, and I was wondering what other people thought of the ethics of using the Friend Safari feature. Something I would consider cheating would be if you traded an over-leveled Pokemon from another game. Though in other games, I DO use a save editor to get more game corner coins because the Game Corner (especially Voltorb Flip) is bullshit. I also decided against EV training during the in-game. I actually had a previous run, but I quit because I realized that the EV training I did cheesed the game.

If I used the Friend Safari, I would probably use it to get something like Blaziken, Greninja, Tyranitar, etc. I started with Delta Charmander, and I figured a dark type and Blaziken would synergize well with that. It still feels like cheating, seeing how many options I have with that, having access to almost every Pokemon in the game. I’m not sure, though.

Should I forego the Friend Safari on my first playthrough, and just use whatever Pokemon are available in the standard offline game? I want to have a fun experience, but I also don’t want the game to become too easy. I have 3 badges in my current run.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums.

To use the Friend Safari either to catch a specific Pokemon or EV training is not cheating, you have the option to use it or not.

You can change the difficulty of the game to hard or only use delta Pokemon in your playthrough, if the game seems too easy :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it is definitely cheating you faggot