Is the menu scrolling feature broken?

Q and W are listed in the game controls as allowing you to scroll up and down. I have seen on other posts that at one point these allowed you to scroll through text such as long move descriptions in order to be able to read the full contents. However, I can’t seem to get it to work in my game and wondered if this is a known issue?

It’s only a minor annoyance, but I’m not familiar with a lot of the new moves and so whenever a Pokemon learns one I have to leave the game and find it on bulbapedia to find out what it does.

Thanks for any input!

As far as I know, long move descriptions or ability descriptions cannot be scrolled down, even with the use of Q and W, this is not an issue solely in your game. As far as my knowledge, Q and W are (by default) mainly just used as registered keybinds as well as controls while soaring. However, come 1.3 or possibly a bug fix patch before, a minor priority of ours is continued work on fixing some of the wording for those so they fit within the visible text box. If you find some more, or have some examples, feel free to let me know either here on the forums, or you can DM me on Discord at Crimson#4138, and I’ll be happy to help.

Welcome to the community here, and hope you have a good day! Feel free to ask away if you have further questions, or check out the #help-and-questions channel in our official Discord :>

Q and W definitely used to scroll ability and move text, not sure when they broke.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll make a note of any moves I come across that don’t fit within the description box and I’ll be sure to pass them on.

Cheers!