Is my team good?

so on my team, i have a delta venusaur, delta snorlax, a delta gardevoir, a lucario, a greninja (with protean), and a Charizard. is my team good? (also a delta scizor for catching deltas)

Can you send the movesets, as well as spreads? Please use this format:

Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
___ Nature
IVs:

• Move 1
  • Move 2
  • Move 3
  • Move 4

Right off the bat, your team looks decent. You have good type coverage, as well as several good matchups vs the E4. I would only give one pokemon a mega stone at a time, else you are wasting itemslots. The best mega on your team for the E4 is M. D. Venusaur. Here’s the set I would use:

D. Venusaur @ D. Venusaurite
Ability: Psycho Call
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Calm Mind
  • Moonblast
  • Psychic
  • Shadow Ball/Focus Blast

thank you for the recommendation of the moveset, and for helping me realize that having multiple mega stones on a team is a bad idea, thank you

So with the Mega D. Venu and Scarf D. Garde from the other topic, that’s two mons down. D. Snorlax is good vs Eduard and London, with the Bulk Up set. Belly Drum is an option, but it’s less consistent in my experience.

Delta Snorlax

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature

• Bulk Up
  • Seed Bomb
  • Drain Punch/EQ/Knock Off
  • Synthesis/Drain Punch

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Adamant Nature

• Belly Drum
  • Seed Bomb
  • Earthquake/Drain Punch/Knock Off
  • Synthesis/Drain Punch

I’m iffy about Greninja and Charizard, while good pokemon, there are better ones to fight the E4 with. Greninja is fine IG if you run Taunt, but I personally would run Gyarados and maybe Speed Boost Blaziken as replacements. Gyarados shuts down Kayla and Eduard’s leads, so it’s a great option.

Replacements

Gyarados @ Mystic Water
Ability: Moxie/Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

• Waterfall
  • Custom Move [Grass]
  • Dragon Dance
  • Taunt

Blaziken @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature

• Swords Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz
  • High Jump Kick/Protect/Baton Pass
Current

Greninja @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Taunt
  • Hydro Pump/Surf
  • Dark Pulse/Spikes
  • Ice Beam/Spikes

This allows you to Taunt Kayla’s lead and then set Spikes to help chip her Baton Pass team.

Charizard @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Fire Blast/Flamethrower
  • Air Slash
  • Focus Blast
  • Roost/Dragon Pulse/HP Grass

The last possible change would be between Lucario and Scarf Mold Breaker Excadrill. Excadrill checks quite a few dangerous mons, and if you grab the TM for X-Scissor from the Sonata Racetrack, it can really help out vs the Champion (no spoilers).

Excadrill and Lucario

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature

• Earthquake
  • Iron Head
  • Rock Slide
  • X-Scissor/Shadow Claw

Lucario @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Justified/Inner Focus/Steadfast
Adamant/Jolly Nature

• Extreme Speed
  • Close Combat
  • Earthquake/Swords Dance
  • Meteor Mash

So the lineup is this:
M. D. Venusaur
Scarf D. Garde
BU/BD D. Snorlax
Zard/Blaziken
Greninja/Gyarados
Lucario/Scarf Excadrill

1 Like

i know how to get the pokemon and the items (except the mystic water) but greninja doesnt learn dark pulse and taunt unless i use a heart scale or a tm and idk how to get the spikes tm, could you list where and how i can get the tm’s and items? also i have 6 ability capsules so i can use hidden abilities.

1 Like

Heart scales van be found by fishing or rock smash, there’s a guide on how to find them in #general-discussion:guides Hidden Abilities can’t be gotten thru Capsules, you have to get them from Friend Safari.

thank you, also I found the dark pulse tm, and can you still give me the locations of where the tms for the recommended moves are? if it’s no bother of course! also i saw in one of the shops that ability capsules were availabal

The wiki should have a page called TM Locations. I can’t link it rn cuz im on mobile.

right, i forgot about that! sorry, and tysm

ok i just looked through my medicine pocket looking for a hyper potion and saw that is have 10 ability capsules! wtf?! how did i get 10?!

1 Like

hey i won the league, i ohko’ed half of reukra’s team! thanks to you dude, it was all because of the choice scarf and the movesets, thank you so much!

You’re welcome!

1 Like