Insurgence: Cheese Mode

Prankster is it’s ha iirc

1 Like

Uhh, I was planning to close a little later than 1 extra vote, but sure? I guess we’re going for froakie…?

(By the way, I can’t get prankster, Fire. I can only choose the pokemon, not the ability)

well i still use d.gren with only overheat and energy ball and some trash…

That is sad. Very sad. Never done a solo rul lol
Thought you could customize your mon kek

2 Likes

Ah well. I’ll post the first episode hopefully today…well today in the UK, anyway. Got no idea what time it is anywhere other than here.

hmm 10pm in galar

2 Likes

Wow, for a counterpart to the UK, galar is really in quite a different part of the world. It’s only 10 to 6 here. (pm)

3 Likes

Oof guys, sorry I didn’t post yesterday. The grinding took a little longer than imagined, and I ended up falling asleep. Anyway, on with the cheese!

So, you’ve picked delta froakie, eh? lemme just check its stats and moves…
Uhh…
Well…
Let’s just say that I think I know why this mon is in the postgame. It learns no fire moves that come off its superior special attack stat apart from fire spin through level up, and the best special grass move it gets by level up is magical leaf as a frogadier if you evolve it as soon as possible, and giga drain and leaf storm if you wait until 44 and 55, respectively. Yeah, no. This thing is frail as it is, I’m not keeping it in its middle form for most of the main game. Of course, there are TMs, such as Flamethrower (Amphitrite City), Energy Ball (Route 9 after dive), Fire Blast (Deyraan), Overheat (Cave of Steam after flipping Rock Climb) which can be gotten around the last four gyms. Heck, the earliest STAB special move other than Magical Leaf is Incinerate. Ya know, that naff move you only ever use never? But, you guys voted, I’ll do it.

So, we start off the game with a little grass frog (who I call (with my ever-subtle taste in names) Treefrogmon) and beat up some random kid’s dogcatfoxthing by draining its energy.

We then run into a cave, catch a little molething called Floormon, run back out and catch an army of weaklings (3), then go to the pokemon center.

Then, we challenged an old man named Clint and won!

(This is after one battle!)

To anyone wishing to know how I did it, the strategy is in

This hidebox-thingymajig-whatchamacallit
  1. I put Treefrogmon at the front of the party.
  2. Turn one, I switched Treefrogmon out to Floormon, as Electrode did an electric type move.
  3. I waited for Electrode to run out of PP for said move, and start struggling.
  4. I used Floormon and the weaklings to soak up the struggles.
  5. On the last weakling, the Electrode would ko itself and the pokemon I had out, leaving only Treefrogmon alive and getting XP.
  6. Watch Treefrogmon level up.
  7. Repeat until Treefrogmon evolved into D.Gren.
  8. ???
  9. Profit!

So, after about 10-15 minutes of grinding, I found myself with a fully evolved starter and a shiny rock to find.

For once, Damian, you’re right.

After a minor incident involving a murderous frog ninja and a bit of seaweed, we were moving onto Route 1!

On Route 1, more specifically in Dark Cave, we ran around for a while and used the DexNav to get our next party member. The reason I didn’t have to catch more than one Floormon is because my Floormon had Arena Trap, which I needed for our next member of the team:

Mindmon! (Actually, I caught quite a few, but this one had hasty, which was relatively ok)

We then got forced down an abandoned mine and witnessed a girl and some celery turning time to revive some ancient pokemon…then killing them again. (I mean, really, Nora, couldn’t you have just let them go or something? It’s not like you can’t get an abundance of ancient fossils by punching some rocks somewhere.)

After that, I had some adventures like beating the tournament of some random school, then leaving the kids to study battling while I defeated the god-worshipping cults with a samurai froggy, and harassing some cultists who just decided to be jerks for no real reason, when I caught a mole and a living magnet and said a (not really) sad goodbye to Floormon. His time was short, but he might will be missed.

Anyway, I found the city touching the sun and found this guy with a rock who I need to beat to get a collectible badge and challenge the Pokemon League. Actually, come to think of it, why am I challenging the league? I went out to save the king Augur, not steal some badges and CDs from people.

Aaanyway, I want you guys to decide what I do next. Should I try challenging Orion, or get a decent water type first? Find out on the neeeext episode of:

Beating Up Fanatics: The Game

4 Likes

So, we’re challenging Orion today, and I chose not to get a water-type (yet) because I think that Treefrogmon can sweep, being 10-15 levels higher than his team.

I start by grasswhistling his vulpix before it can set up sunny day, then sweep the rest of his team with covet and flame charge. To be expected, really. The first battle I’m really expecting to be hard is East.

…so scary

Orion’s rock is actually a dragon and flies away to somewhere and back, then we leave for Vipik.

Damian gets us found out by Taen’s sister an unnamed Abyssal cultist, and we head to the gym.

A lot of things then change with regards to the team. I catch a modest synch Kirlia by accident, use it to get a Modest D. Ralts, put Mindmon in the daycare with another Abra in the hopes that it’ll give me a modest or timid one, spend something like 20 minutes resetting for an Adamant Hustle D.Scyther, level it up alongside Molemon and catch an HA Magikarp in the friend safari.

We then go to do the gym. Like the last one, it was very easy; the only point of interest was when shuckle’s rock tomb missed, allowing my misclick of swords dance instead of earthquake on Molemon to go unpunished.

Afterwards, we go and rescue Damian from getting stinky trousers and move on to Helios…

…but not before some serious grinding. This is what took me so long to update, the amount of time it took me to EV grind all of these guys. It was only basic stuff, 252 speed on all of them, 252 attack/spattack, depending on the higher base stat, and 4 HP. However, between catching a good-natured vibrava, levelling the whole team, and EV training in the friend safari because I don’t want to waste all my money on the EV trainer, it took much too long.

After witnessing the sky cultists getting the scroll that summons Rayquaza, I beat Damian with the power of having coverage moves and swords dance and moved on.

Seriously? You do know that this sells for millions elsewhere, right?

We get to Helios, and my first stop is definitely, obviously, totally the Jade tower.

Shh, I was never here

That should wrap this up. Please like and subscribe, click the bell and comment below, follow me on twitter and send me gifts through the mail for the next episode of:
Pokemon Cult Mode: The Movie: The Experience: The Ride: The Musical: The Comic Book: The True Story: The Visual Novel: The Toyline: The Game

3 Likes

Oh, and I found a shiny Sawk while EV grinding.

Not the best, but usable with some Pokepon luck.

Nicknames?

Sock

Bert

Sockbert…

Now throwword

sucks socks

Mr.Succ

Best name? BEEEEEEEEEEF!

or CHEEEEEESE

No, it’s a game reference.
Specifically this game, with a specific Sawk who starts a yelling competition.

Hey im new here and my best friend is Blue2ooth in real life, just here to support him

7 Likes