Insurgence Casual Playthrough Team

hello! I tried playing insurgence a couple of years back but kinda lost interest once I beat the 3rd gym lol. A playthrough I saw on youtube gave me the impetus to try it once again so I booted up Insurgence and planned a team. It seems okay with it but i’d like to hear yalls opinions on it. (I’m playing on medium mode since i want a challenge but not something too hard)

Delta Venusaur @ DeltaVenusaurite
-calm mind
-draining kiss
-psychic
-shadow ball
yeah you can kinda see where i was going with this. chose draining kiss over moonblast because i like the health regeneration apart from that it’s pretty standard. really like how delta venusaur looks as well so yeah definitely wanna use this.

Delta Scyther @(i need help with an item idk)
Ability: Hustle
-Hone Claws
-Close Combat
-Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard/ Coverage Move
I really like delta scyther so I had to use this. Hustle+Hone Claws sounds super good and Ice/Fighting is great offensively. I dont know if I want a priority move for the last slot or some coverage so i’ll leave that to you lot. same with possible items i can use

Delta Haxorus @ Life Orb
-Aqua Tail
-Bullet Punch/Aqua Jet
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
SHARK. mr anchor is a classic wallbreaker set that looks pretty good for a playthrough (and its like the only water-type delta pokemon I can get before the Victory Road so that’s that haha) dont really know if it can pull off setup moves but still looks like it hits like a train.

Rotom @ Leftovers
-Thunderbolt
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-move depending on rotom form.
so the idea I had for using rotom was to have it change its type depending on what gym or cult leader I was facing which gave me a better matchup vs that team at that point of time. I feel like that’s a good way to use its forms but idk maybe im being stupid help me out lmao

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Superpower
-Stone Edge
classic Krookodile set which also lends some good speed to the team and functions as a great emergency killer in case things go south. I know krookodile’s a non delta/non cool form pokemon but it gave me the ghost resist and the electric immune so i’m cool with it.

Charizard @(item issues)
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Earthquake
I have no idea how I ended up with this in the last slot but it is what it is I guess. pretty standard set but zard is the one im most inclined to change on a whim.

Other Stuff and Questions:

• I preferably want to keep a balance of 3 insurgence-only mon stuff (deltas, armor, mega evos etc) and 3 standard pokemon. I dont mind having more than 3 insurgence features but i’d rather not have 4 or more standard pokemon unless its necessary for team balance.

• Out of the pokemon i’ve chosen, the only one I really want to keep is delta venusaur. anything else I dont mind replacing.

• Question: I’ve heard Pokemon Insurgence is harder than normal pokemon games so would i be required to EV-train my pokemon or can i get by just playing the game normally?

Thanks in advance for everything!

I’ve heard Pokemon Insurgence is harder than normal pokemon games so would i be required to EV-train my pokemon or can i get by just playing the game normally?

Technically you can get through without EV training but it is not reccomended.

Delta Venusaur @ DeltaVenusaurite
-calm mind
-draining kiss
-psychic
-shadow ball

Switch Draining Kiss. The healing isn’t worth it if you immediately lose all that health to one attack which Insurgence will do to you.

Delta Scyther @(i need help with an item idk)
Ability: Hustle
-Hone Claws
-Close Combat
-Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard/ Coverage Move

For item, go focus sash, Scyther in general is a glass cannon but with Delta Scyther’s weaknesses you need it. Since Delta Scyther is a glass cannon most of the time you won’t be getting any use out of Hone Claws so switch that out for something more useful and I think other than that you’re good on that.

Purely because of your team composition, go Rotom Grass. Rotom Grass is known for being the best competitively and is, in my opinion, the best one.

For Charizard, depending on what type it is, go Hidden Power instead of Earthquake.

thank you very much! I’ll make the changes right now