Install Script for Linux Operating Systems

Looking at the install script for Mac, all you seem to be doing is making a wineprefix and then running the game through wine. Would it be possible to create a similar script to install and run the game for linux using bash?

Using my limited knowledge of bash I’ve tried creating something that might work. (I did try this out on my own machine and it works fine.)

Install Script:

#!/bin/bash

echo "$(tput bold)Setting up wineprefix.$(tput sgr0)"
mkdir ~/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg
WINARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg/ winetricks -q directplay directmusic dsound d3dx9_43 macdriver=x11 ddr=opengl win10 devenum dmsynth quartz

echo "$(tput bold)Installing Insurgence. Please wait.$(tput sgr0)"
wget -c "https://p-insurgence.com/releases/1.2.7/Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.7 Core.zip"
unzip "Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.7 Core.zip" -d "$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/"
mv -f "$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.7 Core" "$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Pokemon Insurgence"
mv -f "Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.7 Core.zip" "$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/"

echo "1.2.7" > "$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg/version"
echo "$(tput bold)Done!$(tput sgr0)"

Run Script:

#!/bin/bash
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg" wine "$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/pkmn_insurg/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Pokemon Insurgence/Game.exe"

This obviously nowhere near as streamlined as the official installation scripts and it assumes that you have wine and winetricks already installed, but nonetheless it should be better than nothing.
Oh also, the game crashes if you press d during the opening cut scene. Not sure why.
Insurgence_Error

I recommend just using Lutris

I can’t believe I missed this. Thanks!