Ins.OU Mega Flygon. Rate My Team!

Hi guys, girls and everything in-between! So, back at it again. You know. Mega Flygon. That’s strong. Got the second highest sound based damage in the tier along with higher speed than a lot of the offensive tier. Neat.

Today, I used it on a spikes stacking team. That’s some sort of offensive Balanced team and feature a Pokémon I never used before: Breloom. I think many of you will like it.

Summary

Flygon-Mega @ Flygonite
Ability: Amplifier
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Boomburst
-Drakon Voice
-Fire Blast
-U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Stealth Rock
-Moonblast
-Thunder Wave
-Soft-Boiled

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Knock Off

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Scald
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Psyshock

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Spore
-Superpower
-Seed Bomb
-Substitute

Mega Flygon

I guess you know the trill. Before Mega, it has a Stealth Rock resistance and Levitate. Then, after Mega Evolution, it become super fast for the tier, get converted to sound based damage and now get a vulnerability to all hazards. The last trait is tricky because it means Mega Flygon is easily chipped into a priority move range.

I used the classic Dragon Voice for STAB. It seems like Boomburst is more useful against the overall metagame than Bug Buzz. On the last move, I chose Fire Blast for Steel types, although Earth Power could be used to get rid of Heatran, and U-Turn to form a Volt-Turn core with Rotom-W.

Rotom-W

Speaking of which, pair incredibly well with Mega Flygon. Rotom-W checks the Flying types of the tier like Tornadus-T, Talonflame and Delta Blaziken. Extremely classic set, nothing special here.

Clefable

I chose to use Clefable as a way to check Weavile and setup hazards. You know Clefable has a metric F***thon of support capability and I didn’t ignored that. It also helps pivot around opposing Dragons.

Ferrothorn

Paring incredibly well with Clefable, it form my hazard stacking core. You know how much I love this Pokémon defensively, no big surprise. Although, I wonder if I should use Iron Head instead of Gyro Ball so I can beat slow Clefable and not be crippled with my own Clefable’s paralysis.

Starmie

Bulky Starmie is a very good Rapid Spinner and check to Keldeo, barring Hidden Power Electric. Furthermore, since its a Rapid Spinner, I don’t remove my own hazards in the process. I used Psyshock instead of Reflect Type so I beat Keldeo as opposed to resist Pursuit.

Breloom

Well… I don’t know if that’s the right set nor the right Pokémon. I said: “I have a lot of special attacker. What fighting types doesn’t stack too many weaknesses with my team?” Then I chose Poison Heal Breloom.

2 Likes

I haven’t read this but I’m not going to judge your team because I’m absolutely horrible with competitive

Boomburst. Hits harder than STAB Bug Buzz iirc. Buzz Buzz really only hits Bro, Bish, Daunt, Rachi, Ferro, Tangrowth and the Latis harder, but Boomburst hits Heatran, Zards, Fairies, Flyings, and Fightings harder, as well as pretty much everything. Also, Fire Blast hits Rachi, Bish, Tang, and Ferro, while Drakon hits the Latis and Bro. Daunt doesn’t like taking any hit from M. Flygon anyways, I think pretty much anything 2HKOs.

90*1.5= 135(Bug Buzz+STAB)<180(Boomburst)

Iron Head can help prevent PP Stall, and either way, Clef lives and will not get 2HKOd.

If you’re worried about special walls like AV Tang or Chansey, Breloom doesn’t really help much, but if you use it, Spore is very helpful. May I suggest trying a SubSpore set? Focus Punch and Seed Bomb hit hard unboosted.

So: Boomburst, Fire Blast, Fire Blast and U-Turn?

And use Substitue instead of Facade.

Sub isn’t good without Spore, just keep Facade then, or Mach Punch. Protect can also help for scouting and healing.