Improved Red Orb/Blue Orb Sprite

So the red orb and the blue orb sprites are just a recoloured green orb. So i decided to edit it.
Base insurgence
item777
item776
My mod
item777
item776
Looks a lot better right?
Also installation is just dropping the both images in the insurgence folder (No file renaming needed).

1 Like

…but where are the files?

Ahem. Drop them at where u have insurgence installed. If u have a shortcut on ur deskstop left click and press open file location and then drop the images in the post u can download them via left clicking and clicking save image. Or drop them on ur deskstop. The folder where insurgence is installed has an Game.exe file. Tell me if it worked.

The Blue and Red Orb files are in the Icons Folder and are named item 776 and 777 respectively

2 Likes

Haha, since i had the time , i did this :
a1fc3cea46214ff74117d43528c97488daf1c700
214f5630c9304be025aa378b37c68fe0d0692cc6

2 Likes

They actually look very cool imo, might have messed up a bit with the shading tho

Oh sorry, I meant how do I actually get the new sprites. I know where the original sprites are. Just right click > Save image as…

Drag & Drop onto your Desktop, or the standard “Save Image As” method. Either works.

Much better. Always preferred the ORAS sprites to the RSE ones.
Though in the defense of the Insurgence Devs, that is how the Red and Blue Orbs looked in the original games, so they’re technically both accurate. They really were just recolors of the same sprite (and the Jade Orb was a recolor of them, not the other way around).