If you were a gym leader

Ok, so, if you were a gym leader, what type would you train? How would your gym be? Where? Would it have a gimmick? Would you be an early gym leader or the last one? How would your badge be? Make your own and share it.

I’d be a Ghost-type gym leader, possibly in Sinnoh, after I restaurated the Lost Tower.
The badge would be a small black cross with golden wings.
The whole theme of the gym would be around graveyards and funerals but in a “happy” way, like in the movie Coco, with spirits that party all the time. The gym itself would be without a proper building, divided in 2 parts: the first part is a full graveyard, open only at night, with tombs that make a labyrinth and trainers in it. Defeating them would open a passage hidden by dead branches up the hill, where all the happyness would stop, the fog would settle in, dead trees all around. At the top of the hill there are 3 mausoleums. In the one to the left, there would be an empty tomb, in the center one I, the gym leader, am waiting the challenger inside a sarcophagus, and the right one is full of mirrors of every shape and size.
After the MC defeated me, if they come back, they’ll find me speaking to someone invisible in the mausoleum full of mirrors. The idea is that I, as trainer, believe that Giratina is only really timid and I’m trying to invite him to party with us and our Ghosts.
My team would not be very strong, I see it as a 4th gym, 5th tops. with Dusknoir, Chandelure, Haunter/Gengar and Cofagrigus (that would also be my ace probably, I love its smile lol).

I also made a rough description for every other type as well but it would take me some more time to translate it to english, so I’ll stop here for now lol

6 Likes

Noice. I’d be a rain gym leader, with 6 Mons in my party, and a permanent on-going Primordial Sea in my gym. My puzzle would be based on luck, with a spinning wheel. The minimum trainers you would have to battle are 3, the max 12 if you are VERY unlucky. At the end of the puzzle, YOU FACE ME! I have a team of:

1. Ferrothorn
  2. Ludicolo
  3. Heliolisk
  4. Pelipper
  5. Goodra
    AND THE BIG GUNS…
  6. Mega Swampert

WDYGT?

4 Likes

Interesting idea. I’d be a Ground-Type Gym Leader, located in Hoenn. I’d probably be either the 6th or 7th Gym Leader.
My Gym challenge would be a quiz (probably on Pokemon Types, as that’s my area of expertise. Don’t think it’d be easy though; there’d be quite a few trick questions in there). Each wrong answer would lead to a disadvantage during the battle, but you wouldn’t know whether you got the question right or wrong until you reach me. The penalties would get worse based on the number of wrong answers; 1 would be something like decreased Speed, and all of them would be something like all my moves are neutral at least (even against Flying Types). You’d have to battle four trainers to reach me (one after each question), and there’d be five questions, the last one being before me.
My team would consist of:

1. Sandslash
  2. Gliscor
  3. Golurk
  4. Garchomp
  5. Rhyperior
  6. Mega Steelix

If we’re including Legendaries, I’d have a 10% Power Construct Zygarde instead of the Steelix. To be honest, I came up with the team with an Elite Four member in mind.

3 Likes

Ok, so my gym, I’d want to be the 4th leader and I would be a rock type gym leader in Unova (first game). My badge would the Sphere badge, it would look like a rock that was sanded into a ball, with little lines going through, just like spherical rocks tend to have. So my gimmick would be a ball puzzle, you would have a certain amount of moves to move the puzzle in place so the ball can roll on out. Should you fail the puzzle you will face a trainer, this will happen once more, and then you will be given the answer to the puzzle and move on. You will have to do more difficult ball puzzles as the difficulty increases. Evantually you will move on to the gym leader, Rocco. The pokemon on Rocco’s team would be:

1. Lvl. 28 Dwebble
  2. Lvl. 29 Archen
  3. Lvl. 31 Gigalith (Ace)

For the challenge championship Rocco would have:

1. Aerodactly
  2. Alolan Golem
  3. Tyranitar (Mega)

(PS. I’m not great at movesets or competitive, but this was my best attempt).

3 Likes

Seems like Ghost and Ground are already taken. Il leave me with the Water type gym and honestly, it wouldn’t me mine, her hers. It is technically the 10th gym the player would face since it starts in Jotho. This one is part of my fanfic. Also brainstormed the Dragon-Type.

If the gym was adapted for a game, it would be like this:

Cerulean city

20 Years after Brittany (Gloria) caught Zacian in the Galar region. The Crerulean Gym renovation are finally complete. Few months after Ariel’s mother death due to lung cancer, the 17 years old Gym Leader finally has her own gym open to the public. No celebration were made due to Ariels mental state, still incapable of accepting her father doesn’t recognize her as his daughter and her mother being in the afterlife.

The gym looks like the old pool, but massively polluted with hundreds of empty water bottle. The player must bring the bottles in a balance so the weight is heavy enough to open a door to Ariel.

Trainers

The are four trainers: Rodrigo, Line, Edgar, Eric and Ursula. They all have Water Type Pokémon but have a Poison type Pokémon representing the polluted ocean. Ursula in particular has a Galarian Cursola.

Ariel, The Sweet Mermaid

Ariel is shot for her age of 17 (same as the player), but having little bit over-average size breast. She is wearing a greed one-piece swimsuit and a dark blue waterproof vest. Her orange hairs are attached as a ponytail on the back of her head. Ariel is standing in front of a bottle containing dirty water and ashes floating on top. A picture of Misty is on top of it. Two candles looking like Litwicks are aside from the bottle. The music tone become much more dramatic. A metallic thing could be partially seen behind the bottle. The player walk automatically toward Ariel.

• My father hate me. My mother died. I have no family left and I never won a decent battle as a gym leader. I… I don’t have any reasons to do this anymore. You want the badge? Fine! Now, leave me alone!

Ariel trow her badge at the player’s face. The player can choose to accept the badge without fighting or to refuse and battle Ariel. If the player refuses, she says this:

• You really want to fight me? Fine, but don’t expect much challenge.

Anticipation chance: 0%
Items: 3 Full Restore

Team

Quilfish @ Focus Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jollt Nature
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Waterfall
-Explosion

Cloyster @ Mental Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Shell Smash
-Rock Blast
-Icicle Spear
-Liquidation

Jellycent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Hp / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
-Hex
-Strenth Sap
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt

Crawdaunt @ Crawdautite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Crabhammer
-Close Combat
-Night Slash
-Dragon Dance

Victory text: Please, don’t willingly loose.
Defeat text: You see? I SUCK!

The attempt

After her defeat, the candles get brighter and reveal the metallic item is a knife. A red circle appear on the screen and a white O starts shrinking. If the player doesn’t press the A button when the O is in the circle, he cannot prevent Ariel from inflicting fatal damage to herself. If the player succeed however, he grab the knife in her hand and trow it in the room. As Ariel starts crying, the player can either ask for help in the previous room or stay and comfort Ariel. If he/she does that, a side quest consisting of helping her get through her depression is avaliable. There is also a possible outcome where she invite the player to a restaurent called the bowsprit and confess her feeling tho the player (no matter the player’s gender by the way). If the player has no girlfriend/boyfriend active, she can become the player’s girlfriend. It allows the player to have her as a teammate for some Double Battles and challenges (like the battle frontier) among other things.

Reamatch

Once per day, after clearing the Rainbow Rocket headquarter, the player can come back to her gym and challenge her. Her Pokémon’s level scales to the player’s level at the minimum of 65.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Roost
-U-turn
-Hurricane

Cloyster @ Mental Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Rock Blast
-Icicle Spear
-Liquidation
-Shell Smash

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Hex
-Strength Sap
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt

Crawdaunt @ Crawdite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Crabhammer
-Knock Off
-Close Combat
-Dragon Dance

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Earth Power
-Toxic
-Recover

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Surf
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast

3 Likes

what is the name of the game you are making? will it be on reliccastle? it sounds interesting.

4 Likes

Well, it is not a game, it is a fanfic. I just adapted the gym were it could be used in a fangame.

3 Likes

https://forums.p-insurgence.com/t/us-v5/33101/360?u=ezlaturbo
this would be my gym team. the puzzle would be a switch puzzle except each switch has a different use. if you get caught in the currents you will be forced top done deal top the start. it would be in amphitrite city and the 7th gym.

for some reason the link is showing the one below the one i want. go up to my previous post.

5 Likes

But then, if we are talking about our own gym, I think I would go with the Electric type. Maybe 6th.

The gym would be about music. The player go through few chambers, with each rooms addingg a new instruments to the background music. There would be one trainer per rooms, so that makes 4. The background music would be this.

My team would focus around electric terrain. Here it is:

Magnezone @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Strudy
Lv. 40
EVs: 170 Hp / 170 Spe / 30 SpA
Timid Nature
-Electric Terrain
-Thuderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Thunder Wave

Electabuzz @ Air Ballon
Lv. 40
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 170 Atk / 30 Def / 170 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Lv. 40
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 170 Hp / 170 Def / 30 SpD
Bold Nature
-Discharge
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Memento

Alolan Raichu @ Life Orb
Lv. 42
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 180 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Rising Voltage
-Psyshoc
-Focus Blast

The battle music would be this.

Obviously, this is if the game take place in the main series. If it were to take place in a Insurgence level of difficulty, then it would be much more fun.

3 Likes

Oh I never said that it must be a official game gym lol it’s your own, place it wherever you like

3 Likes

So now for Black & White 2. Should Rocco still be around he would have a new and revamped team:

Easy mode/normal mode:

Lvl. 26/29 (M) Tirtouga
-Aqua Jet
-Rollout
-Crunch
Lvl. 27/29 (F) Alolan Geodude/Graveler
-Thunder Punch
-Rollout
-Defense Curl
Lvl. 28/30 Gigalith (M) w/ Sitrus berry (Ace)
-Rock Slide
-Headbutt
-Rock Polish
-Rest

Challenge mode:

Lvl. 30 Dwebble (F) w/ Eviolite
Moves:
-Smack Down
-Stealth Rock
-Counter
-X-Scissor
Lvl. 31 Rampardos (F) w/ Choice Band
-Crunch
-Bulldoze
-Brick Break
-Rock tomb
Lvl. 31 Gigalith (M) w/ Expert Belt
-Rock Slide
-Magnitude
-Iron Defence
-Attract
Lvl. 32 Aerodactyl (F) w/ Aerodactylite (Ace)
-Roost
-Fly
-Thunder Fang
-Ancient power

No IVs or EVs as it’s only the 4th gym, also it’s called Challenge mode, it should be a challenge.

3 Likes

I think I’d probably be a normal type gym leader, and my puzzle would probably be based around fake walls that are revealed by hints found by defeating the gym trainers. If this seems weird for a normal type gym it makes sense later.

So you walk up to the gym leader… and it’s Whitney. You go through the text, wondering what horrible things you’re about to go through, made even worse by her being the 5th instead of 3 gym leader. But then, as the battle is about to begin, the screen flashes, and Whitney changes into what looks like a ditto and zoroark fusion! Out pops the real gym leader, me! I reveal that it was a joke and that my ace Doroark, (who is a ditto, zoroark fusion) was just messing with you. Then, the real battle begins.

Drampa @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Berserk
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe

• Roost
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Flamethrower
  • Hyper Voice

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
IVs: 0 Spe

• Belly Drum
  • Body Slam
  • Darkest Lariat
  • Earthquake

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability

• Trick Room
  • Hyper Beam
  • Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt

Doroark @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Delusionist
Shiny: Yes

• Flamethrower
  • Dark Pulse
  • Shadow Ball
  • Sludge Bomb

Doroark
Dark/Normal
Abilities: Delusionist - When this Pokémon is sent into battle, it transforms into the opposing Pokémon until it is hit by an attacking move.
Base Stats
HP: 60
ATK: 50
DEF: 60
SP.ATK: 135
SP.DEF: 60
SPD: 150

I’m also going to work on a sprite for Doroark just in case anyone is interested in seeing it

4 Likes

A few things to note are that Drampa can’t use Roost as it has assault vest and 0 Atk IVs wouldn’t work on Doroark, Drampa, and Porygon-Z as they all use special attacking moves.

2 Likes

Oh thank you, forgot about the assault vest. Also I’m don’t really understand what you mean about the zero attack evs

2 Likes

So on Porygon-Z you say he has 0 Attack IVs. Meanwhile all of its attacking moves deal Special attack damage. Of course it could have 0 Attack IVs, but if your going for what I think you’re going for, than that’s not right.

2 Likes

If i were a gym leader i would be in the sea somewhere i guess in the Unova Region

Obvious Ghost Leader its gotta be my favorite type easily

It would be after I would’ve retired from being a leader and caught and trained a full team of 6 on some mountain in the sea after travelling and getting the best possible Ghost team i could think of.

A gimmick would be on the mountain you encounter Hordes of Ghost mons around lvl 50 as its a far off mountain and nobody would be a trainer there and be able to go home.
Mons include
Drakloak
Haunter
Gengar
Mismagius

This Would be My Team
Dragapult (M) @ Expert Belt Lvl 74
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

• Draco Meteor
  • Phantom Force
  • Dragon Claw
  • Will-O-Wisp

Golurk @ Assault Vest Lvl 75
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature

• Poltergeist
  • Earthquake
  • Dynamic Punch
  • Substitute

Aegislash @ Black Belt Lvl 77
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature

• Sacred Sword
  • King’s Shield
  • Shadow Claw
  • Steel Beam

Gengar @ Gengarite Lvl 77
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Toxic
  • Substitute
  • Shadow Ball
  • Pain Split

Decidueye @ Miracle Seed Lvl 78
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature

• Spirit Shackle
  • Leaf Blade
  • Solar Blade
  • Sunny Day

Marshadow @ Black Belt Lvl 81
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

• Shadow Punch
  • Close Combat
  • Bulk Up
  • Spectral Thief
3 Likes

If we are talking Unova region, you are over the level of the Challenge Mode champion. Are you shure it is just a gym leader?

sh sh sh shs shhshs hsh, hush now, shut up

2 Likes

If i was a gym leader i would be a rock and fighting type gym leader in toren i would be the 8th gym leader my gym would be in a cave and the gym puzzle is a strength puzzle when you have to complete 5 puzzles and every puzzle has a button at the end every button pressed removes a boulder that is blocking the way to fight me then when you press all 5 buttons you have to make your way to the start and when you get to me and challenge me i will have 1 medicham with hight jump kick power up punch swords dance and return a delta blastoise with aura sphere crunch focus blast and dark pulse a tyranitar with earthquake crunch rock slide and stone edge a delta avalugg with dragon rush stone edge outrage and rock wrecker a delta bisharp with drain punch power up punch huricane and sky drop and my mega a delta metagross (ruin) with diamond storm (max pp) crystal rush (max pp) headsmash (max pp) and return (max pp)

1 Like

I’d make things interesting. I’d be the 8th Gym Leader in Torren (name would be Loc), but use Dragon/Fairy/Steel types. The Gym would be split into three small areas, with 2-3 trainers per area specializing in that area’s type. There would then be 3 “miniboss” trainers, each specializing in Dragon/Fairy, Fairy/Steel, and Steel/Dragon types respectively. The mook trainers would have 1-3 Pokemon each, but the “minibosses” would all have 4, including a Mega (Altaria, Mawile, and Haxorus, respectively). The puzzles would involve different components for each area- the Fairy area has moving platforms, the Steel area is a revamped version of Lt. Surge’s locks from Kanto (minus the electricity), and the Dragon area would probably be similar to Clair’s Gym from Johto, except with statues of various Dragon-type Pokemon needing to be interacted with as opposed to simple switches. The “minibosses” would be at the end of each area and would each unlock 1 of 3 gates blocking off the Leader after defeating them. Once all 3 are defeated, the player warps to the stage where the Leader is, and the battle begins. His team would be:

Dragonite
Adamant, Multiscale, Weakness Policy
Outrage
Extremespeed
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Azumarill
Adamant, Huge Power, Choice Band
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Superpower
Waterfall

Metagross
Jolly, Clear Body, Metagrossite
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
TBD

Garchomp
Impish, Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet
Dragon Tail
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Fire Blast/Toxic

Delta Aggron
Adamant, Drought, TBD
Flare Blitz
Iron Head
Earthquake
Knock Off

Delta Meloetta (Mime)
Adamant, Filter, TBD
Knock Off
Play Rough
Fire Punch
Sucker Punch/TBD

I realize there’s no special attackers, so maybe some of these should be switched around. Still like the idea, though.

3 Likes