How to make a good team

I need help making a good team right now i have a eevee,d.blastoise,talonflame,d.gardevoir,greninja and lucario
pls tell me if my team is good if not please tell how to make it better,Thank you

I may not be an expert but I can try to help. Could you please tell the Items and moves each pokemon have?

delta blastoise is the only one with an item(Megastone) Moves: Talonflame:flame charge,roost,aerial ace,razor wind lucario:reversal,aura sphere,heal pulse,force palm eevee:fire biltz,moonblast,leaf blade,thunderbolt D.blastoise: shadow sneak,aura sphere,dark pulse,bite greninja:water pulse,aerial ace,night slash,water shuriken D.gardevoir:x100thunder(custom move),ice beam,ice shard,shockwave

you should try to get some coverage moves on your Pokemon.

Razor Wind is useless, as it doesn’t hit anything super effectively and takes 2 turns. Also if you are not running an item, acrobatics is better than Arial ace, as its power doubles if you’re not holding an item. It’s up to you if you wanna use acrobarics with no item or Brave Bird, which it learns at level 64. In the current update there aren’t many TMs to teach Talonflame, that are useful, I would go with either Steel Wing, Bulk up or the Custom move instead of Razor Wind for now. In the full version of the game you should have access to Swords Dance U-turn and Will-o-Wisp, which all work fine with Talonflame. With a heart scale you can teach it Flare Blitz by talking to the move relearner in your Secret Base.

Your Lucario’s moveset contains 3 fighting Moves, which is redundant. You won’t be using Heal Pulse much, since it’s only useful in Double Battles. By using a Lucario caught in the wild you are missing out on some moves (like Bullet punch, Crunch Vacuum wave…) but it still has lots of possibilities when you’re teching it TMs. You can run a special set with Nasty Plot/Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon (once you get the TM) and Psychic for fighting types, but there are many ways to use this Pokemon.

Eevee is weak without its mega Evolution, I would suggest to replace it with a Ghost type, like Gengar, as you are pretty weak to fighting types.

Get rid of Bite on Delta Blatoise and replace it with Nasty Plot. Shadow Sneak can be replaced with vacuum wave, Substitute, Scald, Energy Ball, Taunt or New Moon.

Greninjas Water Pulse should be replaced with Scald or Hydro Pump, but Scald is probably better for a playthrough, because more PP. With the new update you should get TMs for Ice Beam and Dark Pulse, which are perfect for greninja. Extrasensory is also a good move it can use.

Delta Gardevoir should keep Ice Beam. Teach it Thunderbolt and Livewire. As for the 4th I would teach it Moonblast (move relearner) to cover your fighting type weakness. Other options are Calm Mind, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Substitute, Psychic.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Thinking about it, I would replace Lucario for a ground type, it helps you beat rock and electric types, maybe use an Excadrill, as it also resists Dragon and Fairy?

By the way, abilities and natures IVs and EVs are also a big part of having a good team. If you want to start battling people online you would need to know about these things, but you should be alright if you are just doing a playthrough. If you find IV stones in the game, you can use them to raise a stat of one of your Pokemon (Attack f. ex.) by talking to the IV changer in secret bases. At one point in the game you can buy Ability capsules which change your Pokemons ability. By checking what other abilities your Pokemon can have on sites like http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page you can see which ability is better.

1 Like

Just asking What team would you make And I was just looking and I found a guy(sleepy) and he only uses 2 smergals What’s so special about them

I have a few team structures, built around different megas. I haven’t gotten around to building my weather teams yet. Eevee: has to be a mega. otherwise its terrible. A piece of advice- make it either a modest/timid special one (pick from ice beam, moonblast, t-bolt, psychic or hydro pump) or physical adamant/jolly (leaf blade, flare blitz, a coverage special move, and possibly foul play), or bulky for umbreon (id run foul play, moonblast, hydro pump, and another move of your choice, probably wish). D. Blastoise: unless lucario gets a good steel moe, you have a crippling fairy weakness, and a mega 4x weak to fairies is a bad idea with no counter. if you want D blastoise, i would run D. Luxray for fairies. lucario: anything but heal pulse. flash cannon not in the game yet. try to get shadow claw and bullet punch on it if you can D. Gardevoir should not have a custom physical move. ice shards okay. greninja: replace water pulse with scald, if not than surf not much you can do with talonflame yet

in short, get rid of eevee and get a good poison type.

Any suggestions for posion type

nidoking/nidoqueen

1. get a male smeargle with sketch and some heart scales
  2. sketch sludge bomb, ice beam, and toxic spikes
  3. catch a hustle female nidoran in a friend safari
  4. breed for either nidoran- ideally a male, for nidoking, if you want to breed for IVs. otherwise nidoqueen is fine
  5. evolve it and it will learn earth power

Any thing else but nidoking cause I tried that how about toxicroak or crobat Anything but the nidos

BTW what your team pick

sleepy is a girl, and she was probably using the smeargles for breeding or catching purposes rather than using them as her playthrough team.

no comments

team 1: for in game, not competitive; its not really built for competitive bulky special sweeper d. Venusaur (IMO the best starter, though some would say delta zard) @delta venusaurite calm mind psychic moonblast thunderbolt

wall tyranitar (@armor) stone edge earthquake stealth rock crunch (tyranitar blocks ghost/poison, 2 of delta venusaurs 3 weaknesses)

fast special sweeper greninja-protean @life orb scald ice beam toxic spikes (can’t get dark pulse yet sadly) grass knot

bulky physical attacker metagross @choice band/assault vest/life orb meteor mash zen headbutt bullet punch hammer arm (deals well with grass types)

boosting physical sweeper tyrantrum rock head @lum berry dragon dance outrage earthquake head smash

things to prevent mega metagross from sweeping me option 1 hippowdon @leftovers I have this for one reason only. mega metagross earthquake stealth rock whatever

option 2: rotom-w @leftovers/life orb hydro pump thunderbolt hex

1 Like

Tyranitar isn’t really a wall. Also, running berries in game is really bad cause they’re one-time use. Similarly, because this isn’t competitive, you don’t really need dedicated mons to stop a specific mon like M-Metagross. Also tyrantrum isn’t that good, so I would find another mon to replace it but that’s optional tbh.