Help with beating the elite four

same as title, my team is this
Mew lvl 86, hardy nature with choice scarf. moves: Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Amnesia, Psychic
Lucario lvl 86, Relaxed nature. moves:Extreme Speed, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Close Combat
Nidoqueen lvl 86, Adamant nature. Moves: Bite, Earth Power, Superpower, Earthquake
Delta Charizard lvl 91 w/ hardy nature. Moves: Outrage, Lunar Cannon, Shadow ball, Phantom Force
Delta Noivern w/ Docile nature. Moves: Boomburst, Petal Dance, Petal Blizzard, Iron Head
Giratina lvl 85 w/ hardy nature. moves: aura sphere, shadow ball, shadow force, hex

any ideas to change pokemon or change movesets/natures

also delta charizard has his megastone and noivern has miracle seed and nidoqueen has life orb

Nidoqueen who run Sheer Force generally run special, and Nidoking is generally better with the same set. Something like this:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Sludge Wave
  • Earth Power
  • Ice Beam
  • Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Substitute

I would definitely drop Nidoqueen as the -SpA nature is pretty bad, and if you want another one, try to get Timid/Modest.

On D. Zard, replace Phantom Force and Lunar Cannon, Sludge Wave/Bomb is good here to kill Fairies, and either Flamethrower or Frost Breath for the last slot. Also, replace Outrage with Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse. I personally would use Draco Meteor, especially since you’ll be clicking Shadow Ball 75% of the time for neutral coverage, though Dragon Pulse can do that too. I personally prefer having that 1 time nuke, but it’s up to you. Invest EVs to max out his SpA and Spe.

Lucario should probably be physical, I would hunt an Adamant/Jolly one if you could. The reason for this is that most of your team are special attackers, and Extreme Speed is really good to destroy weakened teams. Here’s a set:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

• Swords Dance
  • Close Combat
  • Meteor Mash/Extreme Speed
  • Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed

Delta Noivern is an interesting one. Good defensive typing, but rather frail. Honestly, it’s outclassed in almost everything compared to D. Snorlax, but I’ll provide sets for both.

Delta Noivern

Delta Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll/Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Energy Ball/Petal Dance(More BP, locked into for 2-3 turns)/Giga Drain(recovery, less BP)(Grass Knot works, but it’s more stiuational, but it helps vs things like Hippowdon. And Mamoswine. Now that I think about it, most of the E4 have several heavy pokemon, but the other have more consistency.)
  • Flash Cannon
  • Heat Wave
  • U-Turn/Boomburst

Delta Noivern @ Life Orb/Leftovers/Occa Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll/Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Nasty Plot
  • Energy Ball/Giga Drain/Grass Knot
  • Flash Cannon/Boomburst
  • Heat Wave
Delta Snorlax

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature

• Bulk Up
  • Seed Bomb
  • Drain Punch/EQ
  • Synthesis

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Adamant Nature

• Belly Drum
  • Seed Bomb
  • Earthquake/Drain Punch
  • Synthesis/Drain Punch

Personally, I would drop Giratina and Mew for Gyarados or Scizor, maybe even Mold Breaker Excadrill.

how do i get meteor mash/bullet punch on lucario

also seed bomb

maybe try grinding your team to level 90-93, which isn’t overleveling since they level with you. My team when I beat them was Typhlosion, Lucario, D. Gardevoir, D. Charizard, D. Haxorus, and Giratina, though i usually use Mega Marowak. beating them for me was just a case of good ol brute force, though i had to switch to easy difficulty on the attempt where i actually beat the champion. I recommend that you Specs giratina if you’re running special, and get a multihit move/a grass type if the stall team gives you trouble, tho watch out for the blaziken

Delta Snorlax gets Seed Bomb from a tutor, the one in the grotto next to Selene City’s Tower, where you get D. Noibat’s egg. Lucario gets Extreme Speed at levels 1 and 65, and Bullet Punch by breeding with Hitmonchan. I forgot it doesn’t get Meteor in this gen, use Iron Head or Extreme Speed as a replacement.

a sand sweeper team with garchomp with sand veil, s.dance excadrill with sand rush and armoured ttar could be good… or a power up punch sweeper mega khanga… or a swords dance aegislash

1 Like

definatly swap the lucario for mega khanga since lucario is pretty bad without it’s mega stone.
also swap out charizard for garchomp if you care about its dragon type or for aegislash if you care about the ghost type,swap delta noivern for a delta snorelax

1 Like