Help w/ E4 team

Just was wondering if my current team should be suffice for E4 on normal mode, possibly hard mode; Down to switch pokemon, switch natures/items/movesets, etc, if possible

Pokemon (Nature, Ability, Item)

Delta Venusaur (Naive, Psycho Call, Leftovers) Level 90
Calm Mind, Leech Seed, Psychic, Moonblast

Delta Gardevoir (Rash, Clear Body, Choice Specs) Level 88
Ice Beam, Thundebolt, Calm Mind, Focus Blast

Garchomp (Jolly, Sand Veil, Rocky Helmet) Level 89
Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Stealth Rock, Toxic

Gengar (Bold, Levitate, Life Orb) Level 88
Dazzling Gleam, Sludge Bomb, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Metagross (Adamant, Clear Body, Metagrossite) Level 88
Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm

Blaziken (Adamant, Speed Boost, Focus Sash) Level 91
Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Protect, High Jump Kick

1 Like

First time playthrough as well

I think your team is pretty good but I would recommend you to get a grass type.I used a sceptile to go through the elite four and it’s was really good.Try using a sceptile and make sure to have leaf storm on it.My sceptile went first most of the time and one shotted many Pokémon.It also clutched up a lot.

On Gengar, run Taunt over Energy Ball and probably LO. Timid Nature.

D. Garde needs Scarf, and Moonblast and Focus Miss should be the last moves.

D. Venu should Mega, and Shadow Ball over Leech Seed, this thing is an unstoppable beast. It can potentially sweep the E4.

Garchomp is good nature wise, though if you want SR, the best set is probably EdgeQuake and SD.

Blaziken is good, I would run LO, SD, Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz, HJK, EQ. That gives it good coverage.

Sine Metagross is out, I would run D. Haxorus, Banded with Aqua Jet, Iron Head, EQ, and coverage.

Gyarados is a must if you have troubles, I used one on my team and it ably dealt with the e4 and champion, though it can’t really sweep everything, it is still a tremendous boost to my team.

My Gyarados.
Gyarados - Item: Mystic Water - Nature: Calm - Ability: Intimidate/Moxie
Moveset: Waterfall/Custom Move [Grass]/Taunt/Dragon Dance

Taun/Waterfall 1v6’d Kyla and Eduard, though against Yuki and London it was alright, but when it went against Reurka it was a blast.

2 Likes

Scizor and Both Excadrill variants work well too.

1 Like

Should I change anything else about the team besides metagross or are we chillin?

Nah, your team is pretty solid.

1 Like

Agreed.