Help me design my egglocke team

Hi,

I want to do an egglocke with a competitively designed team but I can’t figure out which pokémon I want. I have some pokémon that I would like on the team but I could use some help to decide on the remaining.

The ones I want:

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature

• Play Rough
  • Aqua Tail
  • Aqua Jet
  • Superpower / Knock off

NOTE: I am not sure this mon is doable in an egglocke. I cannot seem to generate a Marill egg with Aqua Jet?

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Noctem (Maybe infiltrator as Noctem has antisynergy with Azumarill and Clefable??)
Adamant Nature

• Sucker Punch
  • Phantom Force
  • Taunt
  • Will-O-Wisp

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

• Swords Dance
  • Bullet Punch
  • Bug Bite
  • Superpower (maybe

Some kind of Clefable

I would love some help completing this team. I would like the following:

1. The team is made for a playthrough, not battle frontier, so keep that in mind. This means that e.g. berries as held items is a bit annoying (no bellydrum Azumarill with sitrus berry). See also 4.

2. At least one delta is a plus but not a must.

3. Which mega?

4. All mons should be “complete” (or at least almost) not too late in the game. Things like D. Volcarona is fine as it is playable around Kepler City (~lvl 60).

5. The team should be balanced and able to clear the game without to many extra mons. It is okay if I need to get a 7th or 8th mon for a single or two fights but not too much.

6. (Some?) TMs that are late in the game are fine as I can generate a pokémon holding it.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

If going for Clefable, consider this:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Soft-Boiled
-Thunder Wave

And for Scizor, I think you could use it as your mega if you manage to get someone who would give you his mega stone (post-game). He should have more bulk because he uses Swords Dance. I gave mine 130HP/252Atk/128 Spe and Adamant to outspeed Tyranitar while being slower than London’s Mega Reuniclus.

I like that Clefable and was considering it. I thought maybe giving it flamethrower instead of Soft-Boiled since it is for a playthrough (so I can just use potions instead)?

Yeah, Scizor could be a good mega. Since it’s an egglocke I can just generate a mon holding the mega stone (I think), so that is no problem. The spreads seem smart :slight_smile: That Reuniclus can be a pain in the ass.

1 Like

Mega-Evolution spread includes.

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (classic)

248 HP / 16 Atk / 60 Def / 124 SpD / 60 Spe
This spread is more suited as a more defensive variant capable of checking Mega Metagross, Mega Alakasam or other dangerous Wallbreaker. In exchange of attack, he can now take huge its and setup a swords dance. 60 Speed EV allow to outspeed neutral base 80 like Mega Venusaur or Gardevoir. The Speed EV can be migrated to attack.

144 Speed EV allow to outspeed any Tyranitar.

Keep in mind you cannot underspeed Méga Reuniclus, but added bulk allow to tank his hits calmly and fight back with added power.

So, I tried building a team. Any feedback is welcome. I have the following concerns:

• I have nothing to hit water or electric types
  • If Serperior faints, I am extremely weak to fire
  • I have nothing that resists electric type attacks.
  • There are probably more.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Soft-Boiled
-Thunder Wave

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Noctem
EVs: Haven’t decided