Help breeding

so im pretty close to the elite 4 and i was planning to breed some pkmn. I Thought that i was skilled in that stufff. but now im wondering what was the purpose of the petili(mom full iv) that a nice mate gave me. since if i remember you need to use a ditto. So whats the purpose of that “mom” full iv petili if that only work to breed more petili.

Thanks ahead.

If you’re talking about breeding 5/6 IV Pokémon, then a 6 IV Petilil is not needed at all. You need a 6 IV Ditto and a Destiny Knot.
If you’re talking about simply breeding more Petilils, then you don’t really need a 6 IV Petilil, (although one is preferred) you just need a female Petilil and another Pokemon in the Grass group (or Ditto) and you’ll get another Petilil.
And if you’re talking about breeding Pokémon in general (not just Petilil), breeding any Pokémon (other than legendaries and Ditto) with a Ditto will get you the Pokemon which you bred with the Ditto.
More info on breeding for IVs can be found here.

1 Like

I think he is talking bout a Delta petilil I gave him

1 Like

oh .-.

1 Like

Hi Gia. Yes i was wondering what was the purpose of that pokemon. In my mind i was thinking like that can work to breed any other pkmn or maybe somehow to boost a ditto with that petili. Dont mind me that was just me losing my mind xD

1 Like

Oh, I bred this cause I was shiny hunting it lmao

Oh oka xD. I thought that i can use it in any other way xD. I quit with Pokemon black and white so i thought that maybe there is a new mechanic to use that mom xD

1 Like

Anyways thanks a lot xD

1 Like