Hard mode team

I think my team should be updated. I am currently at the whirl Islands and I think there is ways I could upgrade it. Any idea?

It is currently:
Gardevoir
Ability: Synchronise
IVs: 5 Hp / 28 Atk / 25 Def / 31 SpA / 16 SpD / 24 Spe
EVs: 5 Atk / 252 SpA / 1 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Draining Kiss
-Lucky Chant
-Psychic
-Calm Mind

Delta Gallade @ Magnet
Ability: Volt Absorb
IVs: 9 Hp / 19 Atk / 24 Def / 16 SpA / 15 SpD / 31 Spe
EVs: 5 Hp / 252 Atk / 1 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Ice Punch
-Ice Shard
-Thunder Punch
-Swords Dance

Gengar @ Spell Tag
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 30 Hp / 30 Atk / 31 Def / 30 SpA / 28 SpD / 24 Spe
EVs: 5 Hp / 1 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond
-Confuse Ray
-Taunt

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 23 Hp / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 8 SpA / 6 SpD / 8 Spe
EVs: 252 Atk / 3 Def / 1 SpA / 2 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
-Fire Blast
-Stomp
-Agility
-Flare Blitz

Delta Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Shadow Call
IVs: 15 Hp / 30 Atk / 18 Def / 29 SpA / 14 SpD / 6 Spe
EVs: 252 Hp / 2 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Serious Nature
-Vaccum Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Nasty Plot

Starmie @ Sea Incense
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 11 Hp / 1 Atk / 21 Def / 24 SpA / 11 SpD / 25 Spe
EVs: 2 Hp / 2 Atk / 1 Def / 252 SpA / 1 SpD / 252 Spe
Hardy Nature
-Brine
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Psychic

I want to change at least Gardevoir and Rapidash. I also want to breed a new Starmie. Any idea?

Indeed, you can find better than rapidash i think.
I suggest you intimidate arcanine as pure fire, which is stronger. It should fit quite well with your team.
And if you want replace your gardevoir, you could take a ground mon.

Some viable fire types, not all are availablein game to you are: Ninetales, Blaziken, Infernape, Chandelure, Volcarona, Delphox, Talonflame and D-Vespiquen, D-Snorunt, and D-Gren. You could run dedicated lead Skarm over Gard.

Talonflame seems nice, but I don’t have acces to his hidden ability. Thus, I don’t think he is viable until post-game. Same goes for Blaziken. I am kinda afraid Arcanine could be underwhelming at times, but I am willing to try it out. Should I play it Defensive or Offensive? Morning Sun on defensive set will be hard to get tough.

I mainly wanted to replace Gardevoir because of her paper thin defenses and the stacking of Ghost type weaknes whit Gengar and Starmie. What could be usefull, however, is a Choice Scarf set whit Trace to easilly revenge kill Weather Sweeper.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Moonblast
-Psychic
-Healing Wish / Memento
-Trick

However, in that case, I have to switch Starmie for another Water Type. D. Haxorus stack Ground-Type weakness whit D.Gallade. Can Swampert fit the role? He seems to go well whit Arcanine, provide me an Electric and Fire-type Switch-in and provides Stealth Rocks. Problem is, Starmie is my Spinner and I can difficultyl afford to loose him. If I do, Arcanine will have much more difficulty.

Finally, when I finally get the D.Galladite, I might remove my starter D.Blastoise to get one mf my favorite in that game: Scizor. More preciselly, a Bulky Swords Dance set. I remember destroying London whit it during my normal playthrough.

Scizor @ Metal Coat / Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 130 Hp / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

Other possible members inludes Haxorus, Hydreigon and D.Hydreigon.

Use Friend Safari to get Hidden Abilities. It has a good chance of spawning there.

Really??? That will help me a lot.

So, my team will be:
Arcanine
Gengar
Delta Gallade
Mega Delta Blastoise
Starmie
Gardevoir/SR setter

When I get the 6th badge, i’ll try out Blaziken instead of Arcanine. Also, Scizor will take Blastoise’s place when I get the D.Galladite. Sounds nice?

1 Like

Forgot to ask, is there another Stealth Rock setter than Suicide lead Skarmory that could fit my team?

Are you asking about suicide leads? or just SR setters? Suicide Froslass with Taunt, Spikes, Icy Wind/Whatever attacking move, and Destiny Bond. Suicide Shuckle with Sticky Web, SR, Encore, and Final Gambit. You can run Seismitoad@Life Orb over Swampert with Earth Power, Surf/Scald/Hydro Pump, SR, Knock Off/Toxic. Mamoswine has SR, while Forretres has both SR and Rapid Spin. Excadrill can run both SR and Rapid Spin, but its better as just a spinner. Crustle is another offensive SR setter. Clefable can replace Gard and run Wish sets or offensive T-Bolt, Flamethrower, SR, Moonblast. Bisharp learns rocks, and M-Steelix sets fire type rocks, and so does D-Blastoise. M-Stunfisk is kinda viable, D-Ruingross is op, D-Hydreigon is a good sweeper that can SR on a switch(not likely).D-noivern is ok, but not much use. I would recommend Skarm, Forre, Seismitoad, Shuckle, and Clef.

Thanks you very much. You helped me a lot for this team brainstorm. I will meditate between Foretress, Clefable and Seismitoad in terms of team synergy.

Yeah… still can’t manage to decide.

It really goes from Gardevoir or Clefable. Gardevoir gives me revenge killing abiliity and I feel like she is better against Adam, Jaern and other if Dark and Dragon user. I like that Pokémon in general. However, she is frail on the physical side, just like Gengar and D.Gallade. On the other hand, Clefable harden my defensive core and make me a much more “balanced” style of team. He does have a reliable recovery, that is good during the E4. However, I must chose between Calm Mind and Thunder Wave in order to play Stealth Rocks (why I wanted her in the first place). A.K.A slowing down the team or being underwhelming whitout Calm Mind boosts.

This choice impact the rest of the team. Starmie staks Ghost type weakness whit Gardevoir and Seismitoad become a better choice. I first though it would be important and influence if I pick Blaziken or not, but he is to frail and gets to much residual damage anyway so he does not worth it. Keep in mid that Seismitoad doesn’t have reliable recovery, while Clefable and Starmie does.

As a team for preview,

• If Gardevoir:
    Choice Scarf Gardevoir
    Life Orb Gengar
    Offensive Arcanine
    Defensive Seismitoad
    Mega D.Blastoise / Swords Dance Scizor
    D.Gallade (Mega after I get Tesseract)

• If Clefable:
    SR Clefable
    Life Orb Gengar
    Offensive Arcanine
    Rapid Spin + Recover Starmie (Offensive EV)
    Mega D.Blastoise / Swords Dance Scizor (or Choice Band)
    D.Gallade (Mega after I get Tesseract)

Does anyone have a final suggestion / critics? Do you suggest any Pokemon than these or that I simply doesn’t need Stealth Rocks support?

You don’t have to have rocks, and Wish Port Moonblast TW Along with Toad SR EPower Hydro/Surf/Scald+coverage works fine. You can not care about hazards and just run removal tho. This works fine in Hard mode unless no faint challenge.