Hard mode solo run with Samurott?

I am trying to complete a hard mode solo run after completing the game once on normal. I want to try to use my favorite evolution line (oshawott-dewott-samurott), but I think it might not be possible. If there is someone that has tried a hard mode solo run, can I get some advice? Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve done one, but admittedly it wasn’t with a Samurott. I feel like with the first gym being part-Grass with sun and Xavier being part Grass as well, those might be some big hurdles, but something that helped me is having a strategy and planning things out before going into a battle. For some of the battles I’d end up having to reset a few times if things didn’t go my way, but I’d also often bring movesets tailored to the types that I was up against (custom move was a friend). Some people like to just go for Evasion moves but I didn’t end up using those very much. Best of luck, though! We’re cheering for ya :>

2 Likes

Thanks, good to know it’s at least possible.

2 Likes

Anastasia Might prove to be hard with her electric types and faster Pokémon.

1 Like

Ok, good to know.

1 Like

Update - the run is dead, since the luxio in the trainer’s school OHKO’s a dewott with electric gem + spark. If dewott is at red hp, the ai goes for iron tail or ice fang, but dewott needs 2 crits and a defence drop to 2HKO the luxio after intimidate.

1 Like

i knew I heard an oof in the distance. but you can restart the run from your last save.

1 Like

That mean you’ll need some sort of outside help like someone giving you a Choice Band /Specs.

Or you could, well, try with another Pokémon like Kangaskan.