Greetings!

Hello, fellow posters, readers and Pokémon Insurgence fans! I am quite new to this game, although I have played similar games in a rather short amount of time, like Pokémon Zeta. This game is one of the most AMAZING ones I have ever played; is functions are the most amazing I’ve seen thus far, since it actually allows a player to catch all Pokémon, be it by trading, be it by breeding, be it by searching for them; that alone makes the game true to its roots, which had the purpose of filling the Pokedex, although that is not the main goal here.

The plot however… he plot is the feature I find the most entrancing thus far; mind you, I have only played the dark version, so I am not aware of the particularities of the light version of the story, but I prefer it that way; it simply makes things more beautiful and realistic. I have completed the game recently and found myself with little to do during my free time so I decided to come around, introduce myself and maybe get a few battles in, although you shouldn’t expect much, mainly because my team is not THAT good. No pseudo-legendaries, no level 100’s, no perfect IV’s, no particular EV training, no Ability teams, nothing of the sort, really; basically doing this for the heck of it. My user name in the game account is Hemeros as well, so if you want to, feel free to challenge me; god knows I need practice if I want to become a competitive player.

Best regards to you all!

Hello Hemeros, Nice to meet you. After my first play through I have found multiple ways to continue loving this game and a lot of it is thanks to the wonderful community we have here. For the most part we’re all here cause we love Pokemon and believe in the Developers plans. Good luck in your endeavors and have fun.

That is actually good to know; I still play it, although I have yet to actually battle someone. but that doesn’t matter since I completed the game not long ago, although I intend to keep my team as it is for now, with no set for competitive play, just Pokémon that I enjoy using. I also trust the Developers’ pland and have high hopes for the next patch, come when it may. Thank you for wishing me good luck and I wish the same to you; it is good to be in a game in which the community is not toxic, which seems to be a trend as of late, as much as it saddens me.

Welcome to the forums, Hemeros! I’m glad you came across this game. It’s truly amazing.

Unfortunately, online battling in-game is still buggy to the extent that only 1v1 battles are possible. Reason being any kind of switching (including switching in a pokemon after the previous one faints) causes the game to get stuck. In addition, the following also cause the same: Any switching moves that cause switching like U-turn, Volt switch, Whirlwind, Roar, etc.; leech seed, and custom moves. If a critical hit occurs, that causes the game to be stuck on waiting as well. You can also use the battle sim: https://battling.p-insurgence.com/

Tl;dr the online battling system doesn’t work very well. However, the battle simulator (which is Pokémon showdown but with deltas, insurgence megas, etc.) works perfectly fine! It is quiet at times, but there are 25 people participating in a tournament I organized that would be eager to do a practice battle with you on the simulator! The best part of the simulator is that you don’t have to worry about EVs and IVs, just type in the numbers and voilà.

One online function that does work is Trading! Trading is extremely fun, you should try it out. On these forums we even have a bit of an economy based on IV stones, Shiny Pokémon, and egg move Pokémon.

Last thing before I shut up: Please join the discord server! You can’t talk for the first ten minutes, but once you do, you can immerse yourself in the awesome community we have! There are people there that trade, battle on the simulator, or just talk. We even have a music channel where you can control the songs that get played.

Welcome to the forums!

Hello, Hemeros, nice to meet you. :slight_smile: )