Good Moveset for Special Attacker Charizard?

I got a charizard and no clue what moves to give it.

Are you planning to mega evolve this Delta Charizard or is it just a normal one with a special set? It makes a difference because noctem from the mega allows for lunar cannon to be an instant use move.

It’s just a normal charizard. I’m in the post game and just going around catching pokemon I think are neat.

Fire blast/flamethrower,solarbeam(mega zard y)/coverage,airslash,roost

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast
-Roost

1 Like

for future reference lunar cannon is not good even on a delta charizard cuz shadow ball does more damage due to stab and ghost and dark hit the same thing for super effective damage

I’m a fan of lunar cannon for big hits against normal types. Yeah, shadow ball is a must, but lunar cannon can come in handy if you’re running 4 attacks. It’s also something that is easy to include since it’s in the natural learnset of d charizard. My normal set for mega is shadow ball, dragon pulse, flamethrower, and lunar cannon for that reason. I guess if you wanted regular in a noctem team dark aura lunar cannon still hits pretty hard. It’s pretty niche, but I stand by it.

lunar cannon as a move is nice, especially on delta roserade. what i meant was that its redundant. Even if you wanted to hit normal types, you could do so with your dragon move and since there are no normal steel types, you’d be fine. sure there is delta crustle and delta escavelier but you could just use a poison move or smth for them

1 Like

The coverage you get by having Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower and Ice Beam/Sludge Bomb is defenetly worth it over Lunar Canon.

1 Like