Going into the Elite 4, need help with team

As I’ve mentioned in a previous thread, my team revolves around using solely Pokemon that I have grown attached to in one way or another. I’ve only had 8 that fulfill that throughout the entire game, being:

Claydol, Steelix, Heatmor, Serperior, Donphan, Mightyena, Delta Chandelure, and Hawlucha.

I’m definitely using Serperior, Mega Donphan, Mightyena, Delta Chandelure, and Hawlucha, but I’m in need of help when it comes to finding a 6th mon to add to the team. I’m training them all to around level 90, since the teams of the E4 scale to yours and the minimum is 88.

Mainly, what I need is move suggestions and help deciding where I should search for my final team member for this (Once again mentioning that I like challenging myself by only using Pokemon I get some sort of attachment to).

Here’s the team so far:

Bunkah (Donphan) (M) @ Donphanite
Level 90
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spe)
Ability: Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Gunk Shot
-Seed Bomb
-Giga Impact

Sopa (Mightena) (F) @ Life Orb
Level 91
Naughty Nature (+Atk -SpD)
Ability: Intimidate
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch
-Howl
-Custom Move (Fire)

Snizzle (Serperior) (M) @ Miracle Seed
Level 90
Naughty Nature (+Atk - SpD)
Ability: Overgrow
-Leech Seed
-Custom Move (Fire)
-Coil
-Leaf Blade

Hamburger (Delta Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Level 91
Rash Nature (+SpA -SpD)
Ability: Flash Fire
-Lava Plume
-Moonblast
-Psychic
-Overheat

Mongoose (Hawlucha) (M) @ Life Orb
Level 90
Lonely Nature (+Atk -Def)
Ability: Limber
-High Jump Kick
-Thunder Punch
-Swords Dance
-Fly

So I just caught Mongoose, but immediately got attached since he was 1 turn away from dying due to leech seed, but high jump kicked Snizzle, giving him an extra turn of life, and in his last turn, I caught him. I joke that he hates Snizzle with a bitter passion, and it made me laugh uncontrollably when I caught him. Funny story, but he won on his own against a Miltank over 10 levels higher than him, so he’s pretty damn good.

Anyways, I am in desperate need of knowing what I should teach some of my mons. I am more than willing to go out of my way to get some TMs and whatnot (hell, might even go as far as to grind for Heart Scales). Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Editing to change the current movesets

I’d teach Mightyena Play Rough, Hawlucha keeping high jump kick (its power is way stronger than other moves and flying press has the double type mechanic which may be bad as the only fighting move), switching sky attack for flying press or fly, and switching sky drop for an elemental punch. For the 6th mon, all the others you’re attached to are the same types as the ones you have, so I’d try to get another mon that isn’t. If you plan on keeping Serperior, when you get access to the Dream Guru, give it Contrary and swap to Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse, since with that it can easily set up and sweep against a weak target.

1 Like

I think Claydol would help because of one thing: Rapid Spin.

Hazards control is very helpfull in this game, especially when importants characters have competitive team archetype. Being able to switch your Chandelure in the field whitout loosing 25% HP is usefull. While I did not reached the E4 yet, I am very shure they will be using Stealth Rocks, Skipes, T-Spikes and so on. Having a Gound immunity is also usefull.

for mightyena, play rough is unfortunately an egg move, so its not going to work.

for hawlucha though, that seems like a great idea. thunder punch, high jump kick, fly, and either swords dance or roost seems like a really good set for it. probably going to give it limber and some item like life orb or expert belt.

Yeah, I see how that could work, however your team would be extremely weak to ice and (spoilers) one of them is a hail team. So I’d recomend getting a steel spinner or defogger like skarmory or forretress. Mb for mightyena i thought it was a level up move because of gen 7.