Giratina’s Dex Entry

So one small detail I always enjoyed seeing is how, in Arceus’ Dex entry, it is now labelled as the Insurgent Pokémon, rather than the Alpha Pokémon.

The only thing that I don’t understand is why Giratina is still referred to as the Renegade Pokémon. Renegade, for those that don’t know, means “A person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.“ but, according to the lore of Insurgence, which Nyx graciously blessed upon us, Arceus is the Renegade-‘The Insurgent’-so why hasn’t Giratina’s Species name been changed?

As far as finding an alternative that would suit Giratina better though, that ended up proving somewhat difficult for me, which may explain why it was kept as Renegade as it was hard to find a replacement? (Or the devs forgot lol). You could just pull a screw you on Arceus and give Giratina the ‘Alpha Pokémon’ but that kinda seems unoriginal to me.
The best idea that I could come up with is ‘True Genesis Pokémon’; which I think fits perfectly, except something just feels… off but I’m not entirely sure what.

Any other name suggestions would be cool and this is such A small change that the devs would either just leave it or actually do something about it because it wouldn’t be too hard (but the former option is more likely to happen, I’d say).

But yeah, that’s all ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes