Gen 6 Delta Hydreigon Bulky-O

Hi guys, girls and everything in-between! My last team didn’t seems to be received very well, but haven’t learned my lesson so far. Here I come!

The team

Hydreigon-Delta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intoxicate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Corrode
-Earth Power
-U-turn

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Meteor Mash
-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake
-Pursuit

Talonflame @ Flying Gem
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Acrobatics
-Roost
-Swords Dance
-Will-O-Wisp

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Healing Wish
-Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
-Scald
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power [Electric]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Flamethrower
-Thunder Wave
-Soft-Boiled

Problem I found, the team immediately start falling appart if one Pokémon goes down. I wonder if there is a way to get pass that problem.

Delta Hydreigon

it might not seems so when you look at its UU placement, but Delta Hydreigon has the potential to be an incredible wallbreaker. It is immune to Thunder Wave for Metagross, Stealth Rock resistance, absorb T-Spikes and has enormous damage output with a decently good bulk. Its STAB combo has good coverage too.

With Choice Specs coupled with a Intoxicate boosted Hyper Voice, I can ho heavy damage to a lot of defensive staple. Earth Power is self explanatory. Next, I was wondering what coverage should I add to get past most steel types. I was about to add Fire Blast, but I said " Hey, why would I add coverage? I have corrode. " And so I did. Now, I can bypass the Mega Miloctic + Ferrothorn + Heatran with 2 Poison moves. At last, I put U-Turn to gain momentum. It remind be of Mega Gardevoir, so I like it.

Here are few calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Intoxicate Delta Hydreigon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 192 SpD Milotic-Mega: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) – 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Intoxicate Delta Hydreigon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Amoonguss: 300-354 (69.6 - 82.1%) – guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Intoxicate Delta Hydreigon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 279-328 (69 - 81.1%) – guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Intoxicate Delta Hydreigon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 211-249 (58.1 - 68.5%) – guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Delta Hydreigon Corrode vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 318-374 (82.3 - 96.8%) – 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Delta Hydreigon Corrode vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega: 296-350 (86.2 - 102%) – 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Delta Hydreigon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Jirachi: 318-374 (78.7 - 92.5%) – guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Mega Metagross

I tweaked its coverage in order to full up the roles my other Pokémon were struggling with. Thunder Punch is there for Bulky Water types like Slowbro that handle Keldeo and Talonflame. Earthquake prevent me from being trapped by UFI, I really need Metagross too stay avaliable for the team. It also help to beat non-ballon Heatran without speed drop from Happer Harm. Pursuit allows to trap the Lati twins that mess with Hyderigon and Keldeo. Also helps against Jellycent and Mega Gardevoir.

Latias

Well, a defogger that checks Keldeo and Healing Wish support. Draco Meteor also does decent damages on neutral target. The spread allows to always survive 2 HP Ice from Thundurus after Stealth Rock.

Talonflame

Bulky Swords Dance Talonflame is a Pokémon I enjoy using. It’s basically a sweeper with two utility move. Will-o-Wisp allows to use Bulky Grass types as setup fodder and can cripple Pokémon during early-mid game. Any Pokémon like taking less damage on physical attacks too. I do have to admit that being a mono-attacker always bother me.

Keldeo

Choice Scarf Keldeo. That’s an heir eternal staple alongside Mega Metagross. Its high speed allows to outspeed even some boosted Pokémon and other choice scarf users like Voclarona, +1 Landorus-T and Scarfchomp. More effective against Offense than defence, it will be my main revenge killer.

Clefable

Classic hazards setter set. It provide a lot of support. It can beat most hazard removers in the Lati twins and Excadrill (given it rapid spins), assuring hazards being up. It also beats some steel types and spread paralysis.

1 Like

oh la la

Its that bad ._.

nope

I think you might have a slight problem with M. Latias. It beats Hydreigon with Psychic, can take a Gemrobatics if unboosted, beats normal Lati, Keldeo, and can 2HKO Clefable. Metagross can trap it if it swaps into an EQ, but most of the time, you’re not gonna get that chance. Just CM, Psychic, DM, and Roost can counter most of your team, and RKing it with M. Meta may not always be possible. Adding in something like Bisharp or Hippowdon allows you to soft check or counter M. Meta, and M. Meta can be Pursuit trapped itself by all Ttar variant. Most Ghosts or things like D. Chand, while unable to switch in, with the exception of Gengar, can also threaten M. Meta, after which, M. Latias wins.

Garchomp looks good, but IDK what to replace.

Maybe Keldeo? Or a general restructuring. I could try with another Mega, got few possiblies:

• Mega Lati twins
  • Mega Gyarados
  • Mega Scizor
  • Mega Gallade?
  • Mega Flygon?
  • Mega Bisharp
  • Mega D.Charizard
  • Mega D.Bisharp?

But I feel like Pursuit M.Metagross is a good call.