Game Lags and Then Freezes on Mac

Hi I just downloaded pokemon insurgance on my mac using the terminal 10.15 method. Unfortunately my game freezes extremely often and during any cutscenes, like when darkrai is first summoned in the beginning of the dark story mode, the game will not unfreeze. Also when I looked into the terminal This message kept popping up, but I havent been able to find out what it means or how to solve it. I’d appreciate any advice or help. Really just want to play the game.

1 Like

Were you able to solve this? I’m having the exact same issue.

so this is an audio file issue. The darkarai scene is a great example of this because it trys to play an unsupported sound file like 7 times in a row and each time it tries to do this it will freeze for about 5 seconds. Simply deleting the sound files or converting them to .wav files will fix the problem. The biggest problems here is Mew’s cry, Mining collapse (darkrai cutscene), and any pokemon cry from gen 6. Hope this helps!

Yes, there seems to be an issue with some of the audio files on Mac.

An easy fix is to just remove all the audio files (if you don’t care about having sound). To do that, navigate to:

/dosdevices/c/Program Files (x86)/Pokemon Insurgence/Audio

…then delete all of the audio files inside each of those folders.

I’ve ready that you can also try converting them all to .wav, but I haven’t tried that.

Hope this helps!