Friend Safari shiny rate change?

Any changes recently made to the friend safari shiny rate?

On two separate occasions I have shiny hunted in the friend safari for two and a half hours. At an average rate of 6 pokemon encountered per minute, I should have encountered a shiny on each occasion, but have not had any success either time.

only 5/4096 pokemon should be shiny (with charm)
if it did update it would also be on wiki

That’s why I’m so confused. If friend safari is supposed to give a rate of 5/4096 without the charm, then when taking my time spent hunting using those odds, I should have already encountered two shiny pokemon. Given my two and a half hours, at a six pokemon encountered per minute rate, two and a half hours should have been more than enough encounters.

it prob just rng then man

Also try dexnav to up your chances?

that doesnt work in fs

Ok Cool.

It’s just strange that it happened like that twice. Just seems like 5/4096 is not the true rate of encounter anymore. I really don’t feel like testing it out a third time any time soon.

1 Like

Can i ask what you are hunting for? Perhaps i can hunt this pokemon.

I was hunting for a shiny Feebas in Ibo5427’s base with a synchromon in the front slot. Reason I was hunting for it myself is because I don’t have more than one or two shiny pokemon that I’m willing to part with, and people seem to value a shiny Milotic quite highly.

1 Like

I don’t really want much. 2 shinies are good, I’m not into like natures or IV’s just shiny hunting the living dex. (shiny hunting the whole pokedex)

So can we make a deal?

I would think so! I am specifically looking to hunt for a bold feebas though. IV’s arent much of a concern. All I have that I’m willing to part with is a shiny swoobat and starmie, both with careful natures.

1 Like

Hmm. Starmie i have already. Do you have IV stones or Heart scales instead? Bold feebas might be hard. I will notify you if i have any shiny feebas. I can’t guarantee bold

take this to PM?

But ok i will get on it. I have this save file all about shiny hunting. I’m still on trying Delta charmander.

Yep! I have plenty of IV stones and heart scales to share. For the bold nature, it’s not too hard, so long as the shiny encounter ends up being a feebas. I just stuck a bold natured ralts in the front of my party with the ability synchronize.

That’s why I always breed a :poop:load of Ralts to have Synchronise on most important nature:

• Timid
  • Jolly
  • Adamant
  • Modest
  • Impish
  • Bold
  • Calm
  • Carefull