First experience, first battle is stupid

I chose Delta Charmander, and got knocked off by a Delta Squirtle which deals more than half of hp bar with only 1 move and die after that. Haizz, the reason why in the early gen, starter pokemon can’t learn a move with different type than normal is if that happens, the player will have to lose their first battle no matter how good they are. The fact that you always have to lose no matter what is stupid.

I am going to see what is going to happen if I continue the play, but the first intro really make me down.

Yeah, the delta starter typings are odd in the sense that the starters aren’t really in a triangle advantage setup but rather they counter each other. For some reason, the devs gave delta charmander the short end of the stick by making him weak to both of the other starters but not having a diverse enough movepool to counter them back.

Nevertheless, the first battle is easily winnable, especially with the amount of items lying around in the darkrai cult base. A growl at the start of the battle and then spamming twister should win you the battle easily.

i have had no problem with this and i find d.charizard to be the most useable out of the three because of its speed i can almost always take out the other two before they even have a chance