Egglocke Team

I have just started an Egglocke run with random eggs. I am in Cyan Cavern. My team:
Horsea: Dragon Breath, Signal Beam, Razor Wind, Water Gun
D. Drifloon: Ember, Air Cutter, Vacuum Wave, Minimize
D. Kabuto: Silver Wind, Return, Scratch, Fury Swipes
Swirlix: Fairy Wind, Round, Return, After You.

Should I get the rest of my team, try for better mons, or what?

1 Like

Unfortunately there is currently a bug (at least for me) where pokemon from egglocke eggs that have their level elevated don’t learn any of the moves they would learn upon levelup, unless they learn it at the level the pokemon is elevated to. I would suggest checking if your game is affected by that bug. If so I’d suggest waiting on an egglocke (unforuntaely) until a patch is released. If you aren’t affected, let me know first of all, second I’d say continue with the team you’ve got. Part of the fun of an egglocke for me is trying to make do with less than optimal team comps.

1 Like

xd i’ve already beat it. Thanks for the help tho. My end team (yes i looked it up) was Tyranitar, Delta Volcarona, Volcarona, Delta Haxorus, Dragonite, and Delta Gardevoir. However, none of these were pokemon I used on my first play through. I beat the E4 in 9:55, dont know if thats fast.

1 Like

A week seems speedy. Anyways good on you. Did you have any issues with pokemon that had their levels elevated not learning moves they should have learned at earlier levels?

1 Like

Yes. I believe something happens where they learn only… egg moves? For example, my dratini started with Iron Tail, and my Larvesta started with Morning Sun. Either way, I’d recommend using low-level egg tokens, even if you are in late game.

1 Like