"Easy Mode" is BS

Yeah, I’m calling BS on “easy mode”. Looking at the differences between the boss battles in each mode, the only significant difference is the items the Pokemon hold. You don’t get enough EXP to be properly leveled without serious grinding. I’m going up against Nyx and not only is the ‘inverse’ typing an irritating concept, but Nyx’s Pokemon are so much higher level than mine that it’s impossible without, again, serious grinding. Grinding takes FOR EVER because the Pokemon available to grind against don’t give any significant exp, leading me to be more inclined to abandon this game than to continue.

Have you used the Level Trainer? They’re meant to make the process of grinding quite a bit easier on you. They cost a bit of money to purchase and utilize, but it’s well-worth the effort in my opinion.

They can be found in your Secret Base (this is found and purchased for $5000 from Metchi Town), after purchasing and placing them with the Tablet. ^^

Trainers in Easy will also often have one less Pokemon, different movesets, as well as not using Mega or Primal Evolutions.

2 Likes

My problem isn’t the average trainer, it’s the gym and cult leaders. Even on easy mode, they’re way harder than the rest of the trainers. In the official games, they’re not that much more difficult than the trainers in the gyms or the grunts. I’m checking out the level trainer, but grinding is still grinding.

1 Like

Personally, I think the game is fine, I played on normal and it was pretty smooth sailing. you can beat the game fairly easily, the only roadblock being the E4. plus i feel the boss battles are pretty heavily nerfed.

2 Likes

@Fauna This game was never meant to be easy. Easy Mode is for the casual player, who doesn’t care about Natures EVs or IVs. That doesn’t mean that you can get away with sloppy teambuilding. Easy Mode could be renamed tho as Slightly Less Difficult Mode, but you see the problem there? It is for casual players, but meant to be hard enough to be challenging.

2 Likes

Right? I agree 100% @Fauna

1 Like

Easy mode isn’t intended to be a simple walkover. It’s intended to be easier than the normal difficulty of the game, but that difficulty will still be higher than the official games. Besides that, your assertion that “the only significant difference is the items the Pokemon hold” is wrong. In easy mode all trainer Pokemon have 0 total EVs, 10 total IVs, and a random nature, making them significantly weaker.

Yes, significant trainers are harder than the average trainer, that is intended, because they’re significant trainers. If you feel like you’re underleveled, I recommend the level trainer in the secret base, or thinking a bit about your team composition to make it more viable. I recommend the Team Discussion category to start on that.

8 Likes