Delta slowpoke

I can’t really understand you. From what it seems, you’re still not using a pixilated brush. To make spikes, I think you’d just make simple 3x4 protrusions in the shape of a thin triangle, with two pixels in the middle top and 4 to create the lower border, filled in with green. Don’t lay it on the top of the sprite, as that would make it seem lopsided when inspected. It should be at the logical middle.

Ok thanks, how do you do a pixelated brush? Also do you think that dex entry was ok? For its evolution i was going to make it dragon/dark and for slowking was going to be dragon/psychic

I just used the brush tool [b] in Aseprite, assuming your sprite it fitted and saved correctly. As for the dex entry, I don’t like the actual idea of actual death caused by pokemon. Violence and death for the sake of making something more menacing (Especially something that looks as harmless as slowpoke) doesn’t sit right with me. Not even for shock value.

Well thanks for your honestly, I figured since slowpoke uses it as a fishing hook the only logical step was to make it harpoon its food. But i see your point and now that i think about it dragons are known for being wise, and since slowpoke is a complet dunce and dragons are smart, maybe I’ll make it so it becomes extremly intellegent instead.

If you’re gonna say it uses it to collect food, then go ahead. Referring to the one being stabbed as an “enemy” is what would bother me. Also, because deltas share the same stats as their original counterpart, it seems odd, since slowpoke has such a low base attack at 65.

Oh really? I thought it was like alola pokemon were there stats could be switched around while retaining their original base stat total.

Also an idea that I had that i was surprised wasn’t a delta already was for psyduck and golduck Psyduck being a psychic type while golduck was a psychic flying. Scientist sucessfully admidistared a special drug that helped eliminate the psyducks headache, this in turn helped it acess its true psychic potential.

While for golduck. Its trainer must bring it to rivers upon its evolution. This is to ensure that it is able to bob for the proper amount for gold that it in turn “installs” into its cranium( the place were the jewel on a normal golduck would be) This gold allows it to harness its psychic power to its maxium potential.

Well, delta pokemon also evolve the same or in a similar way to their normal counterparts. Pokemon that require level ups will require the same level, ones that need friendship during the day may need low friendship or high affinity at the night, and some pokemon that need stones require different elemental stones. Going from level up to requiring you to be in a specific area isn’t related.

Well you know how slowpoke evloves by shellder but there is no shellder involved in its evolution. Its exactlly the same with psyduck/golduck

Except that the change in evolution conditions are still unrelated and it’s different since it’s not like there is a pokemon involved. Anyway, the normal psyduck to golduck evolves by level with no other condition but it still gets the gem.

I know, but there is a myth that gold amplifies ones psychic abilities, so i figured if you find gold in a river, you could take your golduck to a river to bob for gold. It evolves by level up, same as its normal counter part it just has different behavior nature wise. But other then that do you think the typings good?

Sure.

Ok i see were the confusion lies, I meant for it to be worded so it indicates the golduck was already evolved. A trainer in the world of pokemon must bring it to river after its evolution(you dont have to do it in game its just something that is said)