Delta Sceptile Hurts Me (And how to fix it)

Okay y’all, what even is Delta Sceptile? I get that deltas have the same stats as the original Pokemon, but one of base Sceptile’s biggest issues is its lack of special moves as a physical attacker. So why in the ■■■■ did y’all make Delta Sceptile (who has the same stats and is therefore a special attacker) have less special moves than the original (Base Sceptile: 18 learnable special moves, 12 of which are STAB. Delta: 16 learnable special moves, 4 of which are STAB.)! That wouldn’t be so bad but Delta Sceptile has one STAB special fighting move, Focus Blast, which as we all know never lands. Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave are tutor moves, why can’t it learn them? For real though, can we at least buff Delta Sceptile’s moveset. Even if I wanted to run a physical Iron Fist set, there are no Dragon moves boosted by Iron Fist and Sceptile’s Attack stat is not good enough to bypass that, it needs Iron Fist for any of its physical moves to be viable but needs at least some special investment for both STABs to be viable. And again, if we’re keeping original Mon’s stats, why is this boy’s physical movepool somehow bigger than the original’s! Ignoring any competitive prowess, using this thing in any playthrough is a chore, it’ll be doing crap for damage with all those physical moves despite having a very offensive typing. So Please, at least give this man Aura Sphere!

1 Like